• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe digital editions authorization issue

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been having problems with authorization.  i authorized one of my laptops and could yous the ADE without issues but now i cant authorize my other laptop even after using the Ctrl+Shift+D to de-authorize it on the first one. it just says "please wait your computer is being authorized", its been like that for more than 5hours. i have done it severally and it still says the same thing. what should i do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't need to deauthorize the first one.

You do need an internet connection for authorization, and also make sure firewall not rejecting anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was asked to authorize the second laptop too, so how do i do it. if i don't deauthorize it from the first one. i have an internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to authorize up to 6 devices (computers, eReaders, tablets) with the same ID at the same time.

But I'm afraid I can't see why the second computer didn't authorize if it was correctly connected to the internet and with no firewall issues.

Are the laptops both running the same operating sytem?

Old XP devices can have problems with ADE2.0, which is somewhat unreliable in other ways too.

Worth trying the older 1.7.2; though I am afraid it probably won't help.

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much i think i was able to solve that by installing the older version but this shows now, E_ADEPT_IO AddSignInDirect Error%20#2032

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another guess that might help (standard ADE error situation) ...

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused;

it may be that the error you are seeing is another incorrect/misleading message.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a problem were it said that my id was already used to authorize a previous device. I used Crtl+alt+D and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines