• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player won't install

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 and run Trend Micro Titanium set to enable downloads from *.adobe.com.  I've downloaded Flash Player using Internet Explorer and Firefox.  The program never installs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right clicking one (or both) of the following links and selecting "Save as" from the menu.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save the file(s) to your downloads folder - DO NOT run anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE you run anything else, locate and run the installer(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right clicking one (or both) of the following links and selecting "Save as" from the menu.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save the file(s) to your downloads folder - DO NOT run anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE you run anything else, locate and run the installer(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I right clicked the Flash Player for ActiveX, then clicked "Save target as..."  to the downloads folder.  I rebooted.  I went to downloads and clicked on the ActiveX installer.  The computer apparently went through the installation of Flash Player, and I clicked FINISH.  But when I opened Internet Explorer and clicked on the first big photo (a link to a video), the next page informed me in large letters that my machine does not have Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  The information you provided was just what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActiveX.... IS why I REFUSE to use Microshaft's piece of garbage browser. Firefox DOESN'T use them and Flash Player works without having to turn off 20 year old filters designed for dial up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link at post 2 worked a treat. Many thanks.

It puzles me why that download is not the one on the official download page? Maybe its something to do with the McAfee trial software that tries to ship in with the official one.

In relation to your last post I also use firefox but I would be pleased if you could name the 20 year old filters that need turning off because I have been putting up with a nuicence pop up box that keeps saying my dial up modem is not working even though I havn't had one for 15 years (being wifi) and i have tried and failed many times to find what is activating the pop up.

Thankls again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ActiveX  (created for Windows 95) is the filter. There IS no way to turn it off or disable it completely. THAT's why IE is reserved for testing of webpages only on my five Windows computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines