• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12" error when downloading new Ebook

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ebook seller had reset the ebook so I can download the link again and I have received the same message.  Today, October 13th, 2013, I deleted my Adobe Digital Editions App, downloaded it again, reinstalled it without any errors.  I can open up any of my exsisting books in my Adobe Digital Editions Library.  This is on an IMac, V 10.7.5, 4 GB memory, upgraded to larger hard drive several weeks ago.  Any suggestions would very much be appreciated.  I am a visually handicapped adult and can no longer read many paperback books, small fonts in books etc...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some ebook sellers use the Adobe DRM mechanism, but rather than relying on the Adobe ID for authorization have their own Vendor ID (their own user/password).

You could be able to read your old books but not the new one if all the old books used the Adobe ID, but the new one used a separate Vendor ID.

Check with the ebook seller if you should be using a separate  Vendor ID.

ADE1.7.2 does not support different vendor IDs.  V2.0 does, but I am not sure exactly how to get it to do so.

The user guide says ' The best way to do this is to supply an Adobe ID or Vendor ID, associating the book with your ID.',

but doesn't say how to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines