Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my short keys not working??

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2007 Mar 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have disabled them some how.
I went into preferences to re instate them and I can not locate the "on/off" for short cut keys.

Thanks for the advice!!

Webet
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Webet,
Welcome to the Captivate Community. I assume you mean short cut keys?? There is no one place where all shortcut keys are set, though you can view all common shortcuts by looking at the command(s) on the text-drop-down menus ... look at the far right-end of the menu item displaying each command, for the shortcut to that command.

It would be a great help to us if you could tell us what task you want to find (or change) the shortcut for. Most cannot be changed, but again, I can't help unless I know what you want. Ciao!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Youf or your reply, I know how to use the Shortcut Keys I can not ge tthem to work. For example i hit Ctrl-D, F4 any shortcut key and nothing happens.

I belive they may be disabled. Would yo uknow how to re-enable them?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, sorry I misunderstood. Have you checked to see if the keyboard itself is disabled? I run only laptops, but they are normally attached to a docking station - and if the connection is bad to the docking station, the computer will operate just fine but the keyboard won't recognize input unless I re-dock and then reboot.

A second thought is that you might have another program such as a key-logger that is taking over keyboard input. This needn't be a program you installed - it could be mal-ware that was installed without your knowledge of consent.

I would first try to shut down and restart the computer, and as a second option, run a good anti-spyware/malware program. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank You very much Ill restart and run my anti-virus software!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources