Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transfering library ebooks

Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i borrowed an ebook from my local library but when i go to put it from adobe digital to my ebook it says i do not have permission to copy to my ebook

i have put ebooks on my device before but not from the library what should i do???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you put DRM (digital rights management) books on your eReader before?

If not, you probably need to register the device.

With the device plugged in and ADE running

menu/Help/Authorize Device to ADE2.0) (menu/Library/Authorize Device to the more reliable v1.7.2).

If the device is a Sony, there are bugs in ADE2.0 that prevent it working properly with library books

(how Adobe manges to create such obscures bug I do no know).

There are other odd issues with ADE2.0, so if the authorization above does not work try ...

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines