• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing Flash 11.9 on Mac

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install the latest update for flash and it failed. I followed the regular troubleshooting instructions for Mac (including remove old version of flash) and ran the package again... failed.

I checked the package contents and down to the resources folder to run Adobe Flash Player.pkg (original version didn't have this so found the full install package).

When I run the pkg at Destination Select screen my disks all have the ! next to them saying that "Adobe Flash Player can't be installed on this disk."

I tried repairing disk permissions (there were no problems) and still no joy.

Any help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Are you running 10.8.5?
If so, did you delete the "mach_kernel" file that appeared after the 10.8.5 update installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running 10.8.5?
If so, did you delete the "mach_kernel" file that appeared after the 10.8.5 update installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, running 10.8.5

and I think yes... I remember removing mach_kernel.

Is this the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, yes it was. Thanks!

What is in mach_kernel to prevent the install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"mach_kernel" is the base file for OS X.

If you run Time Machine and have backups prior to the 10.8.5 update, you can restore it.

You'll need a preference pane called "Secrets" to eb abel to see it. You can get "Secrets" here:  http://secrets.en.softonic.com/mac

Install it, and open your System Preferences. You can make "hidden files" visible, even in Time Machine, and then you can resotee the mach_kernel file to its original location.

If you DON'T use Time Machine, there's a zip file I have with a replacement here: http://tinyurl.com/kq3cu72

Click it and it should download.

Put the zip file in your Mac HD directory and THEN unzip it, because you WON'T be able to see it.

Reboot and try running the installer again.

If it gives you any troubles, that's where the news gets bad. You'll have to reinstall OS 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines