• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble using an ExtendScript of the week

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the script provided at http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2011/10/extendscript-of-the-week-generate-list-of-referenced-graphic...

I keep getting an alert message stating "Could not open template report document." Anyone have any ideas how I can get the script to work? I'm using FM11.

Thanks,

C

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Hi Cronos,

Here is what I found: open the file BookReportTemplate in FrameMaker and save it.

Then run the script again (no need to restart as the script is still linked via the menu).

Apparently, the SimpleNewDoc command does expect the file to be in the FM version you are working in, and the BookReportTemplate is likely to be an older FM version, so opening the template as a new document failed.

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cronos,

Here is what I found: open the file BookReportTemplate in FrameMaker and save it.

Then run the script again (no need to restart as the script is still linked via the menu).

Apparently, the SimpleNewDoc command does expect the file to be in the FM version you are working in, and the BookReportTemplate is likely to be an older FM version, so opening the template as a new document failed.

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You nailed it! Once again, thank you kindly, Heer Jang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines