• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop-down text not working in Chrome 30.0.1599.69

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a help file that was working correctly in Chrome previous to the current release. With the new release, besides the refresh loop problem I've seen reported in this forum, we're having the following issues with the compiled webhelp:

• Drop-down text that we have not modified since the last release doesn't open with the new version of Chrome
  • Drop-down text that we have modified since the last release doesn't appear as drop-down text. It appears as normal text without the drop-down style and action

Regarding the refresh loop issue:

When we compile the file and try to view it locally, we see the refresh loop problem already reported, however, when we view the help file when it is called by our app, we don't see the refresh loop problem.

Of course, we have a deadline this week so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it’s called by your app, it’s not local, is it, I suspect.

I just did a quick test on the 30.0.1599.101 update & it still chokes on local html files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, when it's called by the app, it is not local. So, I'm not seeing the refresh loop problem when it is called by the app, but I am seeing the drop-down text problem when it is called by the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Open Chrome and go to a web site.

Press F12.

In the extra field, go to the console tag.

Now load the help system and click a dropdown.

Does the console display any errors, warnings, etc?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

No, I'm getting no errors or warnings.

Thanks,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Wait, I'm wrong. There is an error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: TextPopup is not defined

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found).

Thanks for your help,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"See also" references are also not working. I reported the drop-down issue to Adobe (before I discovered the "see also" wasn't working).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp