Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp does not work in IE 11

Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing testing in IE 11 and Windows 8. I have tested old projects and newly created projects. In IE 11, reguardless of the publishing options set, the contents and search pane are blank. I did try HTML 5 and that worked just fine.

On my internet options, I de-selected the Enable Enhanced Protected Mode on the Security Tab. I also lowered the protection, updated Java to version 7 update 45, and enabled the Java Helper Add-ons that were originally disabled by the options set-up.

I am on RoboHelp 10. Is there a fix for this or a way to upgrade the old projects so that we can use HTML 5, other than importing all of the topics into a new project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Have you tried the hack described in this post - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5765240#5765240 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 is just a new SSL – you can always take an old project, upgrade it RH10, and use the HTML5 SSL recipe to output it.

BTW – I’ve never heard of IE11 – I thought Win8 shipped with IE10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the console with F12 and reload the WebHelp. Do you see any errors in the 'Console' tab?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No errors, no warnings. The only message says "JavaScript Console is attached and accepting commands."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t have IE11, so I’m afraid I can’t look into it further. I was hoping for a quick JavaScript error fix…

If I’m not mistaken, IE11 is part of Windows 8.1 and is now available. I would advise you to log this as a bug with Adobe: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I did that last friday. According to Adobe Support, IE11 is not supported by WebHelp Generation. It may be in the next version of RoboHelp, but they don't have an idea of when a new version is coming out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the hack described in this post - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5765240#5765240 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That totally worked:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8" />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it’s a workaround, just not a solution ;>)

When I get a chance, I’ll try testing it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE 11 is in Demo mode right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp