Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Synchronozing left and right panes

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am using RoboHelpHTML 2000.I have a problem with calling a help topic.I am calling the help topic using the usual way..i.e..using # followed by the help topic to be displayed.But, surprisingly, it is always showing the first topic in my help.

What can be the reason?

Regards,
robohelp beginner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

Would this problem be when using IE7? If it is, see Snippets on my site. Post back if you get different results or if the problem is with some other browser.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the qick reply.

In our Project, we are using IE(IE6) only.I have tried all the ways given by you.
But, still it is not working?

Is it the problem with RoboHelp 2000, as it is older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the method has worked way back.

What exactly are you putting in the address bar?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am giving the exact path below:

D:\Online Help\webhelp\Online_Help.htm#Sample\sample.htm

Online_Help.htm is the start page and my target page is in the folder named Sample.

I have tried with forward slashes also.It did not work out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing the space from the folder name to see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Peter.

It is not making any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try

file:///D:/Online Help/webhelp/Online_Help.htm#Sample/sample.htm

I think that covers the options but your original method should work as it is correct and still working here.

Can you try this with another project or a test project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

This is also not working.

The same thing is working fine in Robohelp 9.2(We have both the versions 2000 and 9.2).But, even in 9.2, in the right pane, it is showing the target page correctly.But, the left pane is not synchronized with the content in the right pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK there's an easy way to establish whether this is a RH2000 thing.

Take a copy of the project, open it and generate a CHM output. That forces an update of the HHP file. Then trash the MPJ file for the project and right click the HHP file. Select Open With and navigate to the exe for 9.2. Make sure you clear the "Always Open With" box.

Then generate webhelp to a new folder and try the method with that output.

Let us know how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you try that, is a yellow bar appearing above the webhelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt get you Peter.

What do you mean by Yellow Bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the start page, I get a message with Yellow bar.. saying ...To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer.Click here for options....

Is this what you mean by Yellow Bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have copied the same project in 9.2 and I did whatever you have said.
It is working fine.But as I told you earlier, left pane is not synchronized with the content in the right pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP SP2 tightened up security and if you open a webpage from a local drive a yellow bar appears underneath the IE toolbar and above the webhelp. That blocks Active X and could be the cause of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, click the bar and enable Active X.

This won't happen to your users as the help for them will be on a server. In IE advanced options you can allow Active X to run on files on your hard disk. Your call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The synchronisation should be resolved when you enable Active X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No...when I try to call it from my application(I did not use local drive), it is not showing that yellow bar.But it is always showing the first topic in my help, not the target page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the startpage#target method direct to the server, does it work OK then? If so, then it is something to do with the call from your application and I cannot help you with that.

Is the other issue now resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

If I remember correctly, RoboHelp 2000 (version 8) didn't have the functionality to automatically sync the TOC to the topic in WebHelp. I vaguely recall that it was possible, but it involved editing the resulting topic code to include an additional JavaScript call.

Further, if I recall correctly, the option for syncing made its appearance in the next version. Which was version 9.0/9.1/9.2.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

In RoboHelp 2000, not only the synchronization, even the target page is not getting displayed. It is always showing the first topic when I use the method..start page#target page.

Regards.
robohelp beginner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2007 Apr 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

When I tried to call the target page using the method...<Start Page>#<Path of the target page>, it is always showing the first topic in help. I am using RoboHelp HTML 2000.Is it because I am using the older version?

Regards,
robohelp beginner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2007 Apr 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick,

In RH 2000, I am not able to call the target page also. Is this feature not available?

Regards,
robohelp beginner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp