• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted software with new Flash 11 install - Underhanded

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry of the tone of this discussion. I installed Flash Player 11 last night. The screen pops up and some strange software description shows up with either a dismiss or next button at the bottom. I look at the main window and for sure it says Adobe. I click dismiss only to find out that I have to dismiss 4 more software packages BEFORE I get to the flash install button. I thought you guys were above this cheap, blatant, stupid approach to providing user value. My whole impression of your company changed instantly. Because of this, every adobe software package i have, I have shutoff all updates so I can manually see what junk may be coming from you into my computer. Once flash was installed, I went back to my control panel/programs, and guess what, there were 3 junk programs you installed without my permission.

This is so sad. Since the computer I had this issue with only has three software packages on it besides yours, and they have not been updated, I know this sneaky, underhanded method of giving away FREE software is your new norm.

I think social media is my next move to vent my disappointment with your company.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very curious from where you downloaded that installer.

There are bundled software offers on the official Flash Player download page, but they can easily be unchecked:

fpdl_new.png

There is no bundled software if you use the offline installers:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Flash Player for Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't apologise for a normal frustrated responce. It happened to me also. It is bad customer relations to make people automaticly opt in and instead having to opt out. That is how the bad guys get you, by tricking you. I guess Adobe are one of the bad guys. They need to learn we are not going to put up with this. The days for flash are numbered. I plan to uninstall all their software; which don't work as good as it did before the cloud days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines