Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 10 Update Added Space to Numbered Lists

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I've seen a couple of other posts about this topic, but answers do not really seem to solve the entire problem.

I just updated my project from RH9 to RH10.  Now EVERY numbered (and bulleted) list in the program has extra space between lines - only in design mode, not when previewed or published.  I found a post that suggested editing the CSS directly which I did try - but it does not automatically update existing lists.  If I create a new list now, all is right with the world - but my hundreds and hundreds of existing topics look like crap in design mode.

Any ideas of what I can do?  BTW - My RH 9 project with the unedited CSS still looks great.

Thanks!

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your CSS and the HTML of the lists look like?

Perhaps it's something in the CSS, perhaps in the HTML. If it's in the HTML, a script can probably take care of it.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William,

Thanks for the response.  I admit to being a little out of my league with this stuff.

This is the CSS text:

P {

font-family: Verdana;

font-size: 8pt;

margin-top: 14pt;

margin-bottom: 14pt;

}

LI.P {

font-family: Verdana;

font-size: 8.0pt;

This is the HTML:

<li><p><span style="font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;

mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';">C</span><span

style="font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;

mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';

line-height: normal;">lick the</span> <span style="font-weight: bold;">Account

Manager</span> <span style="font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;

mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman';

mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';

line-height: normal;">button in the

Main group of the program's sidebar to access Account Manager.</span></p></li>

<li><p style="margin-top: 14.0pt; margin-right: 0in;

margin-bottom: 14.0pt; margin-left: 0in; line-height: normal;"><span

style="font-size: 8.0pt; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;

mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';">Find

the account for which you wish to assign default discount

rates.<b><i><br />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add the following code to the CSS and see what happens:

LI P {

margin-top: 0;

margin-bottom: 0;

}

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William,

I added the code as you suggested to the CSS, and it still has an extra space.  However, I've noticed something about the paragraph styles that might be playing a part here.

These lists in topics I converted from RH9 all have paragraph styles of "Normal".  Now, when I create a topic in "Normal" style in either RH9 or RH10, it looks like this (in both versions):

normal.jpg

Now, if I highlight this and add numbers and keep it as "Normal" style, it looks like this in RH9:

rh0.jpg

but it looks like this in RH10:

rh10.jpg

Yes, if I just make a new list numbered it changes the style to "(None)" - but for some reason every topic in RH9 has "Normal" attached to its numbered lists.  I have no idea how that happened.

So, you're thinking - just go in and remove top and bottom margins from the "Normal" style - but, unfortunately that will mess up other normal text throughout the project.  Is there any way to change "Normal" margins ONLY if they're in numbered lists?  And do you have any guess as to why a "Normal" numbered list would look different in RH10 than it does in RH9?

Thanks again for any thoughts.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The CSS for removing the margins in a list was the CSS I suggested earlier. Try this: add !important before the semicolon in the CSS definition. Does that help?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp