Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Auto text resize in fixed field

Level 1

Hi all,

I have roamed these forums for some time now but I can't find the answer to my question, hopefully someone can help me !

In LiveCycle Designer, I'm preparing a static form. I opened a PDF which functions as a background image and now I want to add  text fields. So far so good .

Now, when I save the file, it allows people to edit. Great ! However... In some cases the text typed in the form is bigger than the field assigned for it. I know there is a setting that allows the text to resize depending on what the user has typed. ( so, it always stays inside the boundry box of the text field ). I'm working in LiveCycle Designer, obviously on PC. I already checked the object field options ( figuring that the "limit lengt to visible area setting would do the trick ) but I can't find the solution here.

If someone has any pointers for me where or how I can do this, I would be very thankful !

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

On the font palette tab, select "Currently editing Value properties ..." and not editing both and then in the font size enter 0. This will tell the field to auto-size the field font in the given field area.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

On the font palette tab, select "Currently editing Value properties ..." and not editing both and then in the font size enter 0. This will tell the field to auto-size the field font in the given field area.

Level 1

My god, I would have never found that ! Thanks so much !

Level 1

Did not work for me. It just made my font really small. My editing options are greyed out.

Level 1

This method will sometimes work but occassionally it just makes the font very small.  How do I view the script to see where the auto resizing is getting turned off?