Exit

change authorized a/c to adobe a/c authorized

Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened ?

1. I install ADE 2.0

2. I set ADE to Computer Authorization

3. I then was able to upload my skoob library to ADE.

4. I then realized I need Bluefire/Kobo Reader for iPad.

This will allow me to transfer ePub to portable device from my Mac

5. I then DeAuthorized an Authorized my adobe account

6. Next I download to ADE library and I get the error message

ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_another_user.

I understand now that I need to Authorize ADE with the same account as Bluefire Reader to be able to import and read from Bluefire.

Is there anyway you can help with my .acm files,please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a vicious trap that Adobe lays for unsuspecting customers.

When you register 'without ID', ADE creates an anonymous/implicit ID with limited powers (eg can't be used to share with other devices).

Whenever you first load a DRM book, that copy of the book is associated with whatever ID the computer is registered to at the time.

Any book you load while this anonymous ID is active gets associated with that ID, and can't be read on any other device.

When you properly register your computer with a real ID, that old anonymous ID is lost.

Now you don't have any devices that can read the book.

The only way I know round this is to use a DRM stripper such as epubee BEFORE you deauthorize the device.

I do NOT advocate using such code to get around the valid limitations placed on a DRM book.

However, where the problem arises only because of the ineptness of Adobe's ADEPT DRM infrastructure and its implementation,

such a measure is totally justifiable.

Unfortunately, as you have already deauthorized and reauthorized, I don't think you can do this.

I am pretty sure that if you deauthorize your real account again and (temporarily) go back to non ID computer authorization

it will give you a different anonymous authorization, even on the same machine.

Worth a try, though.

It looks as if you are another unfortunate use to fall foul of this (second today on this forum).

The only other suggestion is to ask skoob if they can let you have a second chance;

but I understand most suppliers won't help as it is equivalent to a new sale for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines