Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfdocument bug ONLY on Linux ONY with PDFs

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2006 Oct 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at: http://www.bradwood.com/cfdocumenttest/

We are experiencing a handful of anomalies with the cfdocument tag when generating PDF's.

*One* of which is that text surrounded by <u> </u> exhibits strange behavior such as extra spaces (which are underlined) magically appearing before and or after the text.

Example <u>test</u> would have extra "______" at the end of it-- sometimes all the way to the end of the page.

I have run 4 tests.

a) PDF Generation using cfdocument on a Windows server using CF 7.0.2
b) FlashPaper Generation using cfdocument on a Windows server using CF 7.0.2
c) PDF Generation using cfdocument on a Liniux server using CF 7.0.2
d) FlashPaper Generation using cfdocument on a Liniux server using CF 7.0.2

a) Works! 51 KB File
b) Works! 57 KB File
c) Broken! 2 KB File!!!!!!
d) Works! 56 KB File

The problem does in fact seem to be limited to PDF files on Linux servers.
And why the heck is the file so small???

All of these test files are available for you to view at www.bradwood.com/cfdocumenttest. Please check them out to prove I'm not completely insane.

Thanks.

~Brad

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2006 Nov 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am encountering this problem myself. I test printed PDF documents while developing on my local PC, but when I moved the CF web pages to the Linux web server, the PDF was rendered quite differently. The fint size was considerably smaller, for one.

I also had a problem similar to your's, where the <strong> or ,b> tags had additonal spacing before and/or after them, especially if they were within a line of text. No additional spacing was there if the bolded text was at the beginning of a paragraph, although the additional spacing was there at the end of the bolded text.

I was able to mitigate the effect with some CSS. I used a <span> tag to wrap CSS around the text I wanted to be bold, using font-weight:bold. Adding word-spacing:0 to the spanned CSS reduced the extra spacing, enough to make it less glaring, but it was still noticeable.

I would think Adobe would want to make PDF generation a hallmark feature, but CFDOCUMENT bites on Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation