• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video doesn't play on some sites. No settings manager

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an HP laptop that worked fine until recently. It is my wife's and who knows what was added to change things. It has an active anti-virus program and a scan was performed. Likewise a check for malware. Video plays fine on YouTube but when she goes to cbs.com (all shows) or any videos on Facebook she only gets sound. I cannot check the Settings as nothing happens. It does allow access to Global settings. When I go to the Adobe Settings test page it shows nothing. Also, some of the Adobe check sites show no Flash player being installed and some do. I have uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed flash. I have Active X Filtering unchecked on Internet Explorer 10. BTW Chrome works fine and as I said, videos work fine on YouTube. I guess if I could find a way to get access to the Adobe settings and see if 3rd party storage is enabled that might be a place to start.

One other thing, when I am playing a video on YouTube I am able to right click and display settings. But again, nothing happens when I right click on the sites I have no video and when I go to the Adobe Flash Settings page the area is blank where the settings would normally be. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also open the Flash Player Settings Manager from Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find that in the Control Panel. What I did find was a link to Flash Player under System and Security but that is the Global settings which I can access. I can't access the SETTINGS link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did some more checking and testing based on some recommendations I have read and have a couple observations. First, when I don't have Adobe Flash Player installed or I have ActiveX Filtering checked in Internet Explorer, when I go to YouTube it informs me that I need to install Adobe Flash Player. Now when it is installed and ActiveX Filtering is NOT checked, videos will play from YouTube. Doesn't that indicate that the Flash Player IS install in Internet Explorer and IS working? 

If the above is proof that Flash is installed then why when I go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html and check ANY of the settings do I see NOTHING?  When I go to the sites I can't get video on and right click to show options and I click SETTINGS nothing happens. If I check Global settings, it lets me have access to them. Now, when using You Tube and the videos are showing, I can right click and have access to BOTH the SETTINGS and GLOBAL SETTINGS.

Another interesting point. When I check the GLOBAL SETTINGS and go to ADVANCED it shows an AcitveX Version of 11.9.900.117 but it shows the plugin NOT INSTALLED. I downloaded the Plugin and installed it and it still shows NOT INSTALLED.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still more. I did go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/892474 and removed the flash player data as suggested and that didn't help

Also, when I go to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html#main_2__Disable_ActiveX_Filt...  

and later http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

It shows no version information nor is there any picture activity. Not even a blank gray box

On the first link above (Disable_ActiveX_Filtering) it lists several suggestions. Here they are and what I have or have found

Ensure that the latest version of Flash Player is installed  <<<YES - 11.9.900.117

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines