Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title templates in Premier Pro CC?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There don't seem to be any title templates in my new Premier Pro CC

I have also installed CS6 PP as I want the Encore program - the templates are loaded in that version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

The instructions at http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html only apply to CS6 and earlier, so they install into the CS6 folder and aren't visible to CC applications.

There is no functional content for Creative Cloud, so the "workaround" is to install CS6, then manually copy the content across into the CC folders:

COPY these three folders:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\presets\Styles

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\presets\Templat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Pro forum.

Clevedonian you may also want to review Library, title templates, template projects missing: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Encore - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that. I can see the files in my Program Files folder but I don't understand how to place them in the Premier Pro.

I can manage them one at a time but not in their individual folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Celvedonian what specific questions did you have regarding the Windows steps listed below:

Windows

Note:  If you installed the previous functional content packages, it's possible that you have Templates and Textures folders in the Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\Presets folder. Delete these folders before installing.

1. Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file to a convenient location (for example, the Desktop).
  2. Run the .exe file to create install folders for the Encore and Adobe Premiere functional content installers.
  3. Navigate to the folder for the content you want to install and execute the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Ok, I will go through the procedure I have followed numerous times recently!

1.       On the http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html page I press Windows (734 MB)

2.       Pick up the resulting file (PremiereProCS6ContentWin.zip.part) in ‘Downloads’ and click on the application: PremierPro_6_Content_LS7

3.       Select ‘Extract all’ in the resulting window and select ‘Desktop as the destination.

4.       Select the desktop folder called ‘CS6 Functional Contact’ and run the file ‘PremierPro_6_Content_LS7’

5.       Select ‘C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC’ as the destination and click ‘Next’

6.       Received message ‘A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder’

Regards Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clevedonian you can also extract the files to a different directory to see if you face the same extraction errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, thanks for staying with me Jeff!

Ok

1.       Next tried selecting ‘C:\Users\Geoff\Desktop\Adobe CS6\Premiere Pro Family Content Installers’ as the destination and clicked ‘Next.

2.       Click ‘Finish’

3.       Folder opens called Adobe CS6 – Premier Pro Family Content Installers

4.       Click ‘Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Functional Content’ option

5.       Click ‘Set-up’ in the next folder

6.       ‘Adobe Installer’ runs – Licence Agreement window opens – click ‘Accept’

7.       Window called ‘Options’ appears.

8.       There is one ‘option’ (you can’t have just ONE option!!) – ‘Adobe Premier Pro CS6 Function Cont…’

9.       Select above ‘option’ and click ‘Install’

10.   Accept ‘changes to computer’ warning.

11.   Window called ‘Installation Complete’ with three hyperlinks – the membership page/My Adobe page/Video Tutorials and a ‘Close’ button.

12.   Click ‘Close’

13.   Nothing happens – titles still not present in my Premier Pro CC

I am paying a lot of money each month to buy this incomplete product, I do not believe that I should have to go through this, to me complicated, routine. I believe that the program should be delivered complete to my desktop – it is not.

In order to obtain ‘Adobe Encore’, as I still make DVDs for people, I had to load (free of charge I admit) the CS6 suite of programs, Premier Pro CS6 was included in this suite – complete with the ‘Title Templates’ fully loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clever Adobe seems to instruct you to download and install the CS6 content to work in CC. However if you attempt to to work in FCP or CS6 by exporting an XML you wont have access to all the titles and transitions and effects from CC to CS6. #GREATCHEATS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I must assume that the lack of any further replies to this question means that I must find a better supported program?

I'm disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clevedonian I have asked one of my colleagues who is more experienced with installing the functional content to respond.  This should be a common topic in the Premiere Pro forum so you may also want to search the forum as well for an answer on how to install the functional content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions at http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html only apply to CS6 and earlier, so they install into the CS6 folder and aren't visible to CC applications.

There is no functional content for Creative Cloud, so the "workaround" is to install CS6, then manually copy the content across into the CC folders:

COPY these three folders:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\presets\Styles

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\presets\Templates

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\presets\Textures

into:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\presets\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Dave and Jeff - the problem is solved by using your instructions Dave

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm. Thanks Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I don't have CS6 to install and do this jerry-rigged solution. Inside Premiere Pro CC in the title templates section it has a link that brings me to the download page for the CS6 content. So when is the CC content going to be available? I am paying for it and I don't understand why the link would be inside the CC version of the program if it does not work at all for this version. How do I get this content to work without having to find and download a pirated version of CS6 to install just to make this happen? Anyone official have an answer to this? Adobe CC has been out long enough that this should not be a problem anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no knowledge of why PPRO CC does not include functional content. What I can state definitively is that if you have PPRO CC, then you have free, legal access to PPRO CS6.

DownloadCS6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response and the tip. Didn't realize they included CS6 with CC. I'm not sure why anyone would need access to both versions other than to fix this issue. I find it really interesting there is no REAL solution for this. But I guess I'll take what I can get. I'll download CS6 and give this a try. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now almost April 1914.  Does permiere cc titler have any way of installing templates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this problem. After performing the download of CS6 functional content I found the necessary folders in the PPro CS6 folder in Programs. I deleted the presets folder in CC, which only contained a default file. I then copied the entire Presets folder from CS6 and all appears to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have adobe premiere CC and tried to install Title template from Adobe premiere pro CS6 Functional Content but it didn t work. I tried to find CS6 version of Premiere to install it and to copy C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\presets but no CS6 version found to download.

So what is the solution

Please help.

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where and how can I download CS6 or is it possible to get a copy of those particular files from someone else to paste into my CC vers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your CC Desktop applet, scroll down to the "Filters & Versions" highlighted line, and click on it ... then navigate to selecting PrPro CS6. I think actually you can unzip it and then copy the folders ... or does it actually unzip while installing ... brain freeze, sorry!

And at any rate, after you've got the folders copied over you can uninstall or delete the rest of it unless you want to keep it. You can run CS6 & CC versions live on the same machine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it worked. I had no idea I already had CS6 installed. Go figure. Now that I AM able to access the templates, theyre pretty lame!?! wth?! Every other program Ive used came with way more automated templates for transitions, titles, filters, etc. Is there someplace Im not looking, or are there more plugins, add ons, i can download to go with these? Id hate to have to spend the time creating actions that were so simple using other programs like FCPX, etc....???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrPro has the library of effects in the effects panel ... and of course the ones that can be brought forward from CS6, but past that ... they expect that major "effects" are done in AfterEffects, and there's a TON of templates for that program available around the web. Or that one creates some things or acquires them around.

Those coming from outside the fold so to speak oft complain of the lack of presets & templates. Those used to working within the PrPro framework tend to be either rather disdainful of "wimps" ...  or for many, simply puzzled that someone using a "professional" program expects the kind of hand-holding that amateur programs give. There are add-ons for PrPro out there ... you'll have to search for them, of course.

But welcome ... we do have fun discussions here ... 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, i get it. Just frustrated after learning FCPX and now having to - what feels like - start all over learning AE & PPro. Frustrating to have to spend the time creating simple lower thirds actions, etc which takes away from the real stuff I wanna be spending my time on. Maybe you could help me with my latest mind f*ck. Getting my audio track to play in AE? Ive been able to use the CTRL+0 function to play it from the beginning but thats about it. Which means I start all over from the beginning every time i want to preview an edit i made on my spinning graphics as I try to time it to the music. HOPEFULLY im doing something wrong, because this seems like the most counter productive/intuitive method for editing ANYTHING?! Just for a lower thirds sequence, Ive got to go back and forth between programs?! and now for audio, im limited to only playbacks from the beginning? how are other people NOT banging their heads against the wall using this software?!!

Btw, im on Lynda, ive viewed the rounds of youtubes, i AM trying to learn this and figure it out, but its been a whole lot of trial and error, with seemingly very little success. Got any pearls of wisdom for a struggling artist?! :}

Mahalo a nui,

Mele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines