Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not working on cbc.ca

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tired tonight to view hockey live streamed on cbc.ca. Unfortunately, it stated that I needed the latest version of flash play. However, I do have that. Also, I can watch flash videos on youtube and other sites. I am wondering why a specific site does not work and how to fix it. I recently updated to Windows 8.1 from 8. Before this, cbc.cda worked fine. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Adobe Forums.

To better assist you with this issue we need to know:

What is your operating system? (Windows or Mac) (XP, Vista, 7, 8)

What browser do you use? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. However, I was call able to call Microsoft and they helped me. All that needed to be done was to add cbc.ca to the compatibility list in Internet Explorer 11. For anyone else who may come across this problem, it didn't happen until I moved from Windows 8 to 8.1. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chase3 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. However, I was call able to call Microsoft and they helped me. All that needed to be done was to add cbc.ca to the compatibility list in Internet Explorer 11. For anyone else who may come across this problem, it didn't happen until I moved from Windows 8 to 8.1. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

THAT (you will discover) was a MAJOR mistake.

Microsoft has "batted.500" at best with OS releases and Service packe since 1993, and they're not about to improve that track record. I can't stand Win8, and 8.1 is even worse. My daughter was conned into putting the "preview" on my laptop this Summer and I was forced to reformat the thing because it (8.1) rendered EVERYTHING incompatible, except Windows itself. I'll trust 8.1 in about 2016, when they're releasing 9.2. By then, they ought to have the 1,000,000,000+ "bugs" worked out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's unfortunate. Hopefully they will improve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines