Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OT: Flash Professional CC is now live!

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Flash Professional CC is here! http://blogs.adobe.com/flashpro/2013/05/14/what-is-flash-pro-cc/

You can now start downloading your application. Do go over my notes before you proceed http://forums.adobe.com/message/5418352

Updates to #CreativeCloud are now available!  Get the new CC apps now http://adobe.ly/126DWkG

Link to team blog for more information:  http://adobe.ly/1anrzZb

Thank you for your being such a patient forum. We are as excited as you are!

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is ActionScript 2.0 support removed? While I don't use it actively anymore it's a shame that I have to keep CS6 or older on my computer to open up, view and compile old AS2 projects.

I could understand why it wouldn't compile anymore but upon opening a project removing all code from symbols and components seems so unnecessary.

Will some form of AS2 support be added in the future? Again, I got 60+ AS2 game projects that sometimes still need to be changed or recompiled and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KenneyNL,

We made a hard decision to remove AS2 when Flash Pro CC was being rearchitected, and it will not be added later on. Please see this blog post for more insight into our rationale:

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashpro/2012/12/18/exciting-changes-to-flash-professional-in-2013/

Thank you,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I'll just cancel my Cloud subscription and buy a license for Flash Professional CS6. Too bad, I was really excited for Cloud but if Cloud means that I can't view or compile my old projects then it's a no go. Makes me sad to be honest, I defended the whole Cloud subsciption for months but now it hits me right in the face. I'm sure you just didn't add it because you want to force users to use ActionScript 3.0 but didn't think that many Flash developers have been using AS2 for 10+ years and now half their library is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have 10 years worth of flas that are unusable with CC

i would like it if CS6 was available also as part of the cloud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is.

click on flash and just below the top of the page is a combobox that lists flash cc and flash cs6.  pick cs6 and download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but is that option still available? And if so, where exactly are you supposed to click on flash. In the CC desktop app, an Adobe.com download page?

And does this actually mean that if I purchase the subscription for Adobe Creative Cloud, I will have full access and use of CS6? Because I just signed up for the trial, and I can't find any links or even mentions of CS6 products bundled with CC. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why the info is hidden away but yes CS6 is included in the CC membership, or was anyway. I already had CS6 installed so it just works. Where to download CS6 now I am not sure. It seems very well hidden. Before you could install the trial versions and then activate through cloud. Now I don´t see any trial versions at all anymore.Here´s the product page anyway http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6.html

Maybe someone from Adobe can enlighten us? Otherwise ask support.

CS6 is still available as a standalone license without CC monthly memebership if you prefer that but won´t get updates other than bugfixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, CS6 is available to you, if you have a valid creative cloud subscription for Flash Pro CC.  You can do the following in that case

1) Go to https://creative.adobe.com/

2) Go to the download center link

3) Choose the product Flash Professional

4) Below the "In this version" label there is a dropdown for choosing either Flash Pro CC or Flash Pro CS6. Choose the product that you need and click on the download button to download.

You should also see Flash Pro CS6 in the Creative cloud app that should be available in your machine, if you have CC products.

-Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Good info. I never downloaded from the online download center, had missed that part. In the desktop cloud app I can only see those CS6 programmes that are already installed, not any available for download, only uninstalled CC-versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to see all apps.

can you refer to the below documentation: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html

-Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not see uninstalled CS6 iniside the desktop app, only CC. I see the CS6 that are installed. But I see now that CS6 have to be downloaded from the cloud and can find them via "more information" from the desktop.

The desktop cloud app has some problems, makes Firefox hang. After closing Firefox and then re-open again I get error message "Firefox is already running...", have to close the cloud app, then I can re-open Firefox. Contacted support but no solutions so now I keep the cloud app off mostly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a terrible decision to remove AS2 support! Guys, are you actually developing software for your customers or for the wellbeing of your developers? I have many projects written in AS2 and no, I don't want to keep old Flash versions installed parallel to Flash CC. I expect new version to be backward compatible, without any question! I'm already pissed that in so many cases you removed file support from flash (fxg or illustrator) and other programs, but THIS?

You only seem to care about making your own lives easier, not the lives of your paying customers. I'm shaking my head in lack of comprehension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have singlehandedly ruined a once great product with so much potential.

I've been using Flash since the heady days of Macromedia Flash 2/3 in 2000 and it has now become an almost unusable behemoth which is way behind most of its competitors. I saw the Adobe stand and GDC in San Francisco in April, and it was a sad reflection of Adobe as a whole - nothing worked, and none of the employees seemed to care much!

I updated to CC a little while ago thinking that a lot of the stupid bugs in the IDE may have been fixed.. but no, those stupid bugs have not been fixed AND theres a whole load of new ones in there too! And to top it off as previously mentioned, AS2 support has been removed and even little things like the gradient tool becoming completely unusable have really spoilt the development experience.

Flash CC will be the last version of Flash my company uses and I suspect that will be the case for most companies out there who value any sort of productivity in the workplace.

For anyone who is looking for a workaround for any of the ridiculous issues you are experiencing, I suggest you ditch Flash and learn something new (Like Unity). It'll take less time and money to do, and you might actually get some enjoyment whilst using it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe decision cancel as2 hurt a lot of designers that working with as2.

also it's doesn't make any sense that there is no option to edit as2 docs.

is it adobe way to pull the plug complitly from flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see an issue.

anyone that's created as2 projects or edits as2 projects already has an as2 project editor.  you don't have to uninstall that old flash version to use flash cc and you can use it side-by-side with flash cc.

a more fundamental issue with adobe flash has been its inability to save fla files more than one version old.  that's required all of us freelancers to keep several versions of flash so we can save-down to a version usable by clients that only have old versions.  so, the revelation that developers need more than one version of flash pro is no news.

anyway, if you're a designer and only create and edit as2 projects, it makes no sense for you to upgrade.  congratulations, you have an unanticipated windfall of saved money if you'd previously planned on upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem right now is that I'm forced to keep Adobe Flash CS6 and Adobe Flash CC installed until Adobe decides to add legacy AS2 support to Flash CC (never).

It's the same issue as you brought up with the backwards compatibility, why have multiple versions of the same software installed? It makes no sense.

If you only use AS2, please go get Flash CS3 because it's the most stable and best version for AS2. But many developers have been using Flash for years and half (if not more) our projects have been made in AS2, I would still like to open them and thus I'm forced to keep two versions of Flash Pro installed until the end of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, was looking forward to CC but there´s really too many features dropped that we use. I need to see a complete list of ALL dropped features in one place asap. Your support seems to have no clue.
These are the dropped features (for our "focus", can´t we decide our focus ourselfes?) that we have found so far, please add if there are more dropped features from CS6:

"In order to provide a more focused creative environment, Adobe Flash Professional CC has streamlined its feature set. The following is a list of the notable tools that have been dropped from the previous version:
• Support for ActionScript 1 and 2
• TLF text
• Motion Editor for motion tweens
• Bone tool for inverse kinematics
• Deco tool
• Project panel
• Printing
• Strings panelAdobe FlAsh ProFessionAl CC ClAssroom in A book 3
• Behaviors panel
• Object-level undo
• Spelling panel
• Movie Explorer
• Bandwidth profiler in Test Movie mode
• FXG file import or export
• Kuler panel
• Video Cue Points (but still available in Media Encoder and through ActionScript)
• Closed captioning
• Video playback on Stage with FLV playback component
• Device Central
• Importing SWFs
• Pick whip in the Code Snippets panel
• Auto-Save
• File Info (XMP Metadata)
• Import support for some bitmap formats (BMP, TIFF, AutoCad) and some
sound formats (AIFF, Sound Designer, Around AU, Adobe Sounds Document)
• Publishing projectors"

Also "Flash Pro CC does not support importing of SWC files."

I think the design view-setup with Flashbuilder is also dropped?

Add more and add a link to some kind of complete list of dropped features. Now the surprises are all spread out across many docs and that is not very useful thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

List of dropped features

The following features will be unavailable with the final release of Flash Professional CC (HellCat):

•Support for ActionScript 1 and 2

•TLF Text: If your FLA, created with an older version of Flash Professional, contains TLF Text, then HellCat converts it to Classic text automatically on opening the FLA.

•Motion Editor: Motion paths will be retained.

•Project Panel

•Launch & Edit (L&E Photoshop works)

•Printing

•Inverse Kinematics/Bone Tool

•Strings Panel

•Behaviors Panel

•DECO Tool

•Object-level undo

•Spelling Panel

•Movie Explorer

•Bandwidth profiler

•FXG Import/Export

•Actions Toolbox

The following miscellaneous functionality will also be unavailable with the final release of Flash Professional CC (HellCat):

•CSXS

•Kuler Panel

•Share My Screen

•Code Hinting for JSFL

•Video Cue Points

•Close Captioning

•Video Playback onstage

•Device Central

•Customizable Tools panel

•Drag-and-drop from stage to Library or another application

FLASH PROFESSIONAL CS7 (HELLCAT) - PRERELEASE 13

Flash Professional CC (HellCat) - Release Notes

Last updated 4/21/2013

•Importing SWFs

•Importing some bitmap formats (BMP, TIFF, AutoCad)

•Importing some sound formats (AIFF, Sound Designer, Around AU, Adobe Sounds Document)

•File Info (XMP Metadata)

•Projectors

•Fireworks PNG Import

•Post Processors

•Data Binding

•Data Source

•Script Assist

•FreeHand Importer

•PicWhip

•Auto-Save

•Conditional Compilation user interface

•AIRN Adobe AIR for Digital Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that auto save is dropped but CC has auto-recovery every x minutes, whats the difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto-Recovery
When enabled (the default setting), this setting saves a copy of each open file at the specified time interval, in the same folder as the originals. If you have not saved the file yet, Flash saves the copies in its Temp folder. The file names are the same as the originals, with “RECOVER_” added to the beginning of the file name. If Flash Pro quits unexpectedly, a dialog box appears when you restart to allow you to open the auto-recover file. When you exit Flash Pro normally, the auto-recover files are deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that 'Copy Motion to ActionScript3" is also gone -- but if there's no Motion Editor, there's less use for it anyway.   We had actually used the 'Copy Motion to AS' quite a lot and had even built some JS tools around it.

I have tried the Ease Caddy from Ajar and so far it at least can give you a simple eases again.   

Don't mean to be snide, but if you can't even control simple ease-in and ease-out it really sets the animation capabilities back a decade or so.

Hope it comes back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for our "focus", can´t we decide our focus ourselfes?

Totally agree We should be able to activate or no these features ourselves. It is regrettable to remove major features without consulting customers who use them every day, especially when these features were presented as important developments in last 2 or 3 versions of Flash and are now in the most recent projects.

Please everyone, ask Adobe to put these old features in Flash on this page. If they don't listen to us, many of us will stop our subscription and stay on CS6.

For me, object-level undo, support for AS2 (for old projects), TLF text and SWC imports are very important features that I miss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are user-to-user forums.  if you want to make a feature request, https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the link was in my message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines