• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I run Premiere on a Windows 7 32 bit PC?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought CS6 master collection Windows Netherlands. Unfortunately Premiere is uninstallable because I have 32 bit.

Is there another way to install an earlier version of Premiere?

Ann Bens: Nope, 64 bits only.

Het staat duidelijk omschreven in de technische specificatie.

Dit is trouwens het Elements forum en niet Premiere Pro.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere

http://www.adobe.com/nl/products/cs6/faq.html#64bit-support

Hunt:

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure that I understand the question.

Premiere Pro (part of Production Premium & Master Collection) has been a 64-bit program, ONLY, since CS 5.

Earlier (CS 5 and 5.5), PrPro CS 4 (still 32-bit) WAS included in both the Production Premium & Master Collection, but I do not know if it was, in CS 6. That might well depend on the delivery method, i.e. download vs physical media.

Now, does your question involve Adobe Premiere Elements, as that is a different program, but is the forum, to which you posted. If this is purely a PrPro question, then we can Move it to that program's forum.

Just let us know please,

I found

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5291&fileID=4921 and will give that a try (CS4 download to run with a CS6 picence key).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're much better off updating your OS, here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim Simon & others,

updating the OS is no option.

i did the download, unpacked the zipfiles. And ran the setup.exe - and got to the activtaing code - which was not accepted. So I CS6 Master collection / but can´t run Premiere CS6 . is the  conclusion right that I have to buy another installation key?

is there any way I can communicatie directly to to some one from Adobe?

So far I had 9 replies to my original message, 8 of of which pointed out I was in the wrong subforum 🙂 - but replies where quite quick, so that offers hope for the future.

best wishes from a sunny autumnal Netherlands

Dick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updating the OS is no option.

Why not? You are much better off with a 64 bit OS, that can also run in 32-bit compatibility mode, than not being able to use part of your CS6 MC. By upgrading you also remove the 4 GB limitation of 32-bit systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too much work, not worth it at this stage. Maybe next summer vacation. In the meantime being able to run CS4 Premiere (and other Adobe Suite programs) would be great. But if there is no workaround, i will rest my case and login next july.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote...

I found http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5291&fileID= 4921 and will give that a try (CS4 download to run with a CS6 picence key)

I clicked that link and do see a zip file download... I do NOT see any mention of using a CS6 license key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's strange - the text on that page must have changed in the last few hours.

From my cache

"

32-bit CS4 versions of After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro

Adobe Creative Suite CS5 (and later) Master Collection and Production Premium suites contain versions of After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro which require 64-bit OSes. For Windows customers who have purchased these suites but who have not yet upgraded to 64-bit versions of Windows, Adobe provides CS4 versions of After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro which can be run on 32-bit versions of Windows. You will require a special serial number for these products; see below for detailed information."

and - below

"Adobe provides this installer only for customers with valid licenses for CS5 or later releases of Adobe CS Production Premium and Adobe CS Master Collection. This installer requires a valid serial number which you will need to acquire from Adobe, and supports only two activations.

If you purchased your product from the Adobe Store, please visit www.adobe.com/account.html to access order information and serial numbers.

If you are a volume licensing customer, please visit http://licensing.adobe.com to retrieve a valid serial number.

Otherwise, please visit www.adobe.com/go/supportportal to find information about contacting customer support in your region."

At the suppor portal I chatted today with two people: one advised to use an old license for Dreamweaver CS4 (didn't work) and the other wrote Adobe is not issueing CS4 licence keys. Period.

But if there is any possibility to actually run Premiere on a windows 7 32 bit system, I'd be happy to give it a try.

Thanks to the answers in this thread and forum so far. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 32 bits came with CS5 and 5.5 but not with CS6.

There is no way CS6 will run on 32 bits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I know - but Adobe gives  possibilties to CS6 buyers with 32 bit win7 to download premiere CS4 separately. Only thing - you need a product code from the reseller of CS6 in order to obtain the extra CS4 licence key.

So - in conclusion. I just want to work with Premiere, not necessarily CS6. I'd be happy to work with CS4 while I am on 32 bit.

will call the reseller tomorrow... hopefully they can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is new to me.

But anyway good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, you could have had the 64 bit OS up and running by now, along with CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the hint, Jim Simon. The only way to do that quickly  would be to actually buy a new computer. But unfortunately I am short of cash. And I have some legacy software for music projects (which is my main task for the PC) that will not run on 64 bit.

And I have some other problems which I encounter when running the evaluation version of CS4:

1. conflicts between Cubase VST plugins and Premiere - which are described here
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/1736161
  2. AVI not previewing - as described here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/491980

So for now I will try to run CS4 if possible. A third chat yesterday with Adobe Support said that I could, if I would find a productcode from my reseller - which is Surfspot.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines