• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing table column widths

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Robohelp 10 when trying to resize a table column by dragging its boundary, often Robohelp crashes. I never had this problem with Robohelp 6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a known issue. Try in one of the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

That will tell us whether it is a project issue or an installation issue. Having just seen your other post, I am inclined to the latter.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a Sample project. Then I imported into it an HTML topic (one that was causing Robohelp to crash when I try to resize a column by dragging its boundary). Carrying out the equivalent 'column-dragging' operation does not cause a crash.

Incidentally, I sometimes get an 'Out of memory' dialog when working in the same problem project. I haven't yet verified whether 'sample' projects are likely to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if you have imported an output topic. That can give out of memory problems and may be behind the crashing.

The usual clue is one or more red squares in the project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not, to my knowledge, ever imported an output topic. However, just to make sure, I have been through all my topics and have not found any 'red squares'.

On the other hand, it seems that both the crashing column width adjustment syndrome, and the 'St. Vitus dance' in the Styles pane are related to a corrupted CPD file. On several occasions I have deleted the CPD file and then opened my project. After working on the project successfully for a while (including column width adjustments), suddenly something goes awry and the problems start: styles pane problem, inability to switch from one topic to another etc. Starting again with a new CPD file seems to be the only solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe change your settings to always delete the CPD file when the project is opened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That will help. I'll keep you posted when the next corruption occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp