• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Flash on Win 8.1

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have setup up a Windows 8.1 64-bit system (with IE 11). I went to the Adobe site to download and install the Flash player.

When I go to do so, it says:

Flash Player is integrated with Internet Explorer in Windows 8.  You do not need to install Flash Player.

This seems fine. But when I push the Test Flash Player button, I get this:

You aren’t running Internet Explorer in Windows 8. For other troubleshooting tips, see Flash Player Help.

It points out a few things. First it mentions making sure that in the Manage add-ons section that Flash is listed and is enabled. This is indeed the case.

It also points out that ActiveX Filtering should be disabled. This is the case.

The Find Version display says that Flash is installed, and that the version is 11.9.900.117 running on Windows 8.1 (64-bit), which is correct, but that my browser is "None". In the table, this is the version listed as the latest for Windows 8.

I know that Flash isn't working quite right, however. If I visit a particular web page using Flash, it tells me

Sorry

It appears you are using a browser that is not currently supported. Please use one of the following:
Chrome 8+
Firefox 3.6+
Safari 3.2+
Internet Explorer 7+

What can I do to get Flash working on my system?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it has shockwave embedded in IE 11 im trying same i was told u could disable it and install a flash player 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to internet e settting down mange ad ons disable shockwave and install whatever flash player is up to date good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gordon.

I can disable it, but it doesn't help. The Adobe page still knows I have

it installed and thinks I'm having a problem with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok one more thing when u go I manage add ons to disable lower left it says show all disable all of them 32 bit as well try that I saw like 6-7 of then in mine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether I select "show all", or not, it only shows one Flash item. The architecture column says "32-bit and 64-bit".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the EXACT same problem!! So frustrated! I have tried everything I could find or think of. Nothing is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue too. so annoying. wasting so much of my life spending hours trying to solve issues like this. Why why why!!!!! argh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue (Server 2012 x64 and Server 2012 R2 x64). I have had *some* success by setting this

• Settings>Internet Options>Security>Internet Zone and Local Internet Zone, click custom level> Active X Controls and Plugins> Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting: enable
  • Settings>Internet Options>Security>Internet Zone and Local Internet Zone, click custom level> Scripting> Active Scripting: enable

But in many cases I still have lots of problems. I find the whole thing bizarre and extremely frustrating. Is it integrated into IE or not and why the hell doesn't it work out of the box? None of the troubleshooting steps from Adobe's site work.

If I go to this page from one particular problem machine:

helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html and I enable all active X controls and plugins in the internet zone security settings (ignoring the warnings about it being unsecure), the test flash button displays the movie of a tree with leaves popping up, so it *works*, however if I then load the helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html (one of Adobe's 17 other test flash pages) all I get is a blank box in the "can you see movie below". And If I try to access other sites that require flash I get nothing. So WTF!!!!!!??!

It took me 2 seconds to install it with Firefox and it works great, so its obviously a IE setting but my god. And it still doesn't solve my problem as I'd like to use IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I set up an 8.1 test machine last week and I saw this same message.

HOWEVER... enabling Compatibility View in IE 11 (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11) completely resolved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines