• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Educational Activation for CF Builder

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following site says that a trial version of the software can be converted to a free educational version during the registration process.

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/coldfusion-builder/faq.html

ColdFusion Builder 2 is available free to all eligible education customers for learning purposes only and not for production purposes. Students, faculty, and staff can get serial numbers to activate downloadable trial versions by registering on the registration site. During registration, you will be prompted to upload a copy of your student ID, faculty ID, or employee ID, or you can upload a letter on institutional letterhead proving your current affiliation with an educational institution. Once validated, you will be emailed a free educational serial number for ColdFusion Builder 2. It may take up to two weeks after you submit the request to receive your serial number.

I have been unable to reach the 'registration' page for CF builder.

Is the above information still valid and if so, how do i proceed to activate the product as an educational version?

Thanks

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t remember what may trigger the reg interface in CFB itself, but if you use the Help menu there, see the option for Adobe ColdFusion Builder Registration, which takes you to a web page (where you will be asked to login and then register). Let us know if that helps. Since mine is already registered, I can’t see what it may look like for you if you have not yet registered. I realize it may not offer the solution you are looking for, but it’s worth a try.

It could be that the option to register is shown when you startup, or that the option was offered and you may have told CFB to stop showing it. (You can do that also with CFB’s “startup page”, and at least THAT page can be turned on again using Window>Preferences>ColdFusion>Startup, if that may help at all also.)

Let us know what you find, especially if anything works, so that others finding this thread in the future can know the answer.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to register (which is a pre-requisite of submitting proof of academic status); I am still able to see the 'start up' page in CF Builder.  I've tried four ways (all of which have been unsuccessful of reaching the registration page):

1. From wihin the application itself: Help>Adobe Coldfusion Builder Registration - nothing happens (ie i am not taken to the registration page).
  2. By clicking the link ('registation site') in the FAQ page (see my original post above) for CF builder - this results is a 404 error (Page not found)
  3. I don't see any links on the startup page for registering the product.
  4. I've telephoned 'Adobe Support' and 'Customer Services' without being able to get through to anyone.

Thanks for your reply

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The educational register site is no longer available either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer. I don’t know why any of those approaches you folks are trying are failing. Let’s hope that someone from Adobe may see this and offer some thoughts.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe is, not so subtly, trying to get people to move to v.10.

just my opinion - I'm new to CF, but that is my impression: maximize the revenue stream seems to be priority number one.

On Oct 21, 2013, at 4:08 PM, Charlie Arehart <forums_noreply@adobe.com<mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are looking into it.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending your query. We are looking into it.

Thanks & Regards

Anit Kumar Panda  | Technical Support Consultant - ColdFusionAdobe

ColdFusion BlogTwitt @coldfusion | ColdFusion ForumColdFusion in facebook

To: CF Install
Subject: Registration site for COLDFUSION BUILDER - the link to the registration site is not working

My objective is to register the trial download of the software on the basis of my educational student status by obtaining a serial number from adobe as per the site: http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/coldfusion-builder/faq.html?trackingid=JUEGD

Thanks for your help.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pdx.tjk, I realize you’re new to CF but I do feel some corrections are warranted. First, we’re talking here about CFBuilder, not ColdFusion (whose newest version is the “10” you refer to).

Second, maximizing profitability is a primary goal for nearly any publicly held company in a capitalist economy. That’s not to say that other factors, like customer service, need to slip, or should be allowed to.

Finally, in that regard, good to see the later notes from folks at Adobe who may be able to help with this CFB Educational activation issue.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie.

The registrations are still available. You can claim the free license from https://freeriatools.com/

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anit,

There are no plugins in the Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 Plugins directory:

I'm running OS X 10.8.5.

The CF Builder download was ColdFusionBuilder_2_WWEJ.dmg

When I double-click on the Run "Alias Run Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 Plug-in" I get the message:

"The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Run Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 Plug-in” can’t be found."

I did run the uninstall shell script prior to trying to install Builder 2, in fact I installed a fresh version of Eclipse and still no joy.

thanks for any suggestions.

Tom

Message was edited by: pdx.tjk Got a call from Anit (Adobe Support) and he was very helpful. I'm actually quite impressed by the followup. thanks!

One last step was required, even though I'd run the uninstaller previously: I needed to delete the db file in /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Uninstall and then run the CF Builder 2.0.1 installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the conciliatory note; points taken. I thought a little poke in the ribs might help elicit a more positive response from Adobe folks. 8-)

cheers,

Tom K

On Oct 21, 2013, at 6:22 PM, Charlie Arehart <forums_noreply@adobe.com<mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation