Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image mapping Issue

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RoboHelp 5 for creating a webhelp for a web-based application.
In this help file, Each field in an image is mapped to a html (which describes the field). So each image is at the least linked to some 10-15 htmls.
Since there are different modules, I am saving the images in individual module folders. While inserting an image, i select it (or specify the path) from the Image properties window.

Issue encountered:
When I opened the Project file ( .xpj), i had the following issues:
1. TOC links were broken: Resolved this issue by restoring the broken links.
2. Some of the images were not displayed in the webhelp output- Checked for the image path, it was pointed to a different location. I gave the right path, but all the image mappings are lost. Coming up with image mapping is really tedious and time consuming.......... 😞

My questions:
1. Why does the image path change??
2. What might be the cause for such an issue??
3. How can i include the correct image without losing the image mappings??

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Are we talking about merged webhelp here?

Has this problem occurred in something that was working OK or is it a problem with something that you have just set up and not had working before?

How is the output being transferred to the server? Do you publish it there or do you just generate and hand the files to the developers.

Is your project stored locally or on a server?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peter,

It is not merged webhelp.
I am involved in updating the existing set of files and provide the updated Help to the developers.
The help file was working fine previously.
The help file is stored on a server. I make a local copy of the project folder and work on it.
This issue was encountered when i was working on a local copy of the project folder.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp