Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF10 and Drag and Drop

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does CF10 support HTML5 drag and drop? 

Specifically, I've seen sites where you can drag/drop elements from one listbox to another.  Can this be emulated/done in CF10? 

Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to my knowledge, you need client-side JavaScript, perhaps using a library like jQuery (which does D&D).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm with tribute on this one.

Drag and drop is not a server-side function.  The server handles a request and then returns data to the user.  It can dynamically generate the content presented to the user, but then if the user is going to perform any action without sending more data to the server, ColdFusion has no part in it.

jQuery is a JavaScript framework that allows for DOM manipulation, a feature of which would include drag & drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation