• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinema 4d Lite won't open on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having this issue? From After Effects CC. It's never started up, and closes as soon as I try to open it.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know a lot more if we're going to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this same issue. It has never launched for me either and I started trying about 2 months ago and have been updating regularly and checking to see if a fix was applied but it still fails to launch.

• What version of After Effects? Include the minor version number (e.g., After Effects CS5.5 with the 10.5.1 update). Don't just say "After Effects with the latest updates"; give the specific version number. 12.0.0404
  • Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.) Yes
  • What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac". 10.8.4
  • Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected. Macbook Retina, 2.8 GHz i7, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, 500GB  SATA HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
  • Do you have any third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU)? No
  • What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime". N/A
  • If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?N/A
  • What were you doing when the problem occurred? Trying to launch the program, with all other programs closed. Also tried w/ AE running.
  • Has this ever worked before? If this worked before by doesn't work now, what has changed on your computer in the intervening time? No
  • Do you have QuickTime installed. (You should.) If so, what version? The answer should be specific, such as "QuickTime 7.6.2". Quicktime Player 10.2
  • What other software are you running? None
  • Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? No
  • Are you using OpenGL features in After Effects? N/A
  • Does the problem only happen with your final output, RAM preview, or both? N/A
  • Are you using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing? N/A
  • What is the exact sequence of steps that you are taking? Open Finder, Select "Applications", Drill down through AE folder to Cinema 4D Lite application and doubleclick. Icon pops/bounces on task bar for a moment then goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C4D Lite can only be opened from within After Effects by creating a new C4D file/ editing an imported one.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is as Mylenium says.

See the details of Cinema 4D integration with After Effects here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/04/details-of-cinema-4d-integration-with-after-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but I started c4d lite through after effects. The icon appears for one second, but nothing more happens. IMac i7 , 24 Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX. Any hints?

Thanks, Screener

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Screener,

Did you choose Layer > New > MAXON CINEMA 4D File?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem...

www.youtube.com/embed/sD5qt94W9UY

Снимок экрана 2014-01-14 в 00.58.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheR1D,

I watched your video. You are not using the feature correctly. You don't manually apply the Cineware effect to a layer. You import a .c4d file, and the Cineware effect is applied automatically when you create a layer based on that footage item.

There are resources that show how to use this feature at the link that I provided above:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/04/details-of-cinema-4d-integration-with-after-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd_Korpiva, Thanks, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what you just told but i have a messge error when i try to show to project in cinema 4d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulin wrote:

I tried what you just told but i have a messge error when i try to show to project in cinema 4d

What is the exact text of your error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

omg thank you so much that worked! it was so helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem - uninstalled After Effects, reinstalled, same thing. Thanks for the replies, it works now.

Honestly, whose idea was it that you could only run Cinema straight through After Effects? If I have a freaking program on my computer I should be able to open it on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Cinema 4d. The icon bounces like it is going to open then stops and goes dormant.

Aaaah, got it. I can now open it from AE. I now know it is not a stand alone product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question to build on that. If you finish working on a C4D file and close AE and Cinema 4d lite, can you re-open and manipulate the c4d image at a later time within cinema 4d? I havent cracked this puzzle yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kylem3535 wrote:

I have a question to build on that. If you finish working on a C4D file and close AE and Cinema 4d lite, can you re-open and manipulate the c4d image at a later time within cinema 4d? I havent cracked this puzzle yet.

If you open the After Effects file, you should be able to continue working in C4D Lite on the project, yes.

Can you elaborate more on what you're trying to do and how it's not working for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am following the instructions for correctly using it and it still fails to load. I can get it to import an exist c4d Project, but I still get the CINEMA 4D Lite quit unexpectedly error.

Mac 10.12.5

AE 15.1.1 (Build 12)

I have tried both Software only and OpenCL rendering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines