Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 2.0.1 - Document scrolling not fuctioning to allow customer to use document

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overview of issue:

1)  Customer purchased new laptop.   Laptop is Windows 7 / IE 10.

2)  Customer installed ADE 2.0.1 on the new laptop and proceeded to login to the our site to repull her DRM documents.

3)  Upon pulling the DRM documents down she tried to open the documents and although the documents opened successfully when she tried to scroll through the document, the Page number moved, but not the document.  So for example a screen shot I have shows the customer Page to be on Page 6 (technically it was still on page 1 - she had never left the opening page of the document).

4)  Since the customer was having multiple issues with the documents we had her go try to download a ADE Library book while we went and pulled down the same documents the customer had downloaded off a test system to determine if the documents were published the wrong way.   In house the documents were fine - but when the customer called back - She had the same result with the ADE Library Book from Adobe's site.

After unsuccessful attempts of uninstalling and reinstalling ADE 2.0.1, I had the customer pull the old version 1.7 from ADE website.  She did so and redownloaded her documents.  She could scroll through them without issue.  At that point I had her try to re-updated her ADE to 2.0.1 - upon completion - same failure - unable to scroll the document - remained on the opening page.

For now the customer has been dropped back to 1.7x ADE in an attempt to take the 44 days to try to find some type of resolution for the issue she is having.

I have seen that there is a version 2.0.6 that is available - but do not see that on Adobe's site for download.

Are there any other recommended options that can be done to try to resolve this issue with the customer as I am concerned that we will have many more customers in this situation soon enough.

Thanks for Any assistance and if you would like the screen shots of what the issue looks like - please feel free to contact me and I can forward them on.

Linda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite a few people have had scrolling issues with ADE2.0/2.0.1 (as you can see looking back in this forum).

For most people (including me), scrolling on ADE2 works fine.  I have never seen a satisfactory explanation of where the difference lies.

ADE2.0 and 2.0.1 are riddled with bugs (again look back through this forum),

with no evidence that Adobe has made any attempt to fix them despite V2.0 having been out for about 2 years.

V1.7.2 seems very reliable, and also uses considerably lower computer resources than V2.

The only significant new features of V2.0/2.0.1 seem to be

1. multi-vendor support, for vendors that use the Adobe ADEPT DRM mechanism but with their own IDs rather than Adobe IDs
  2. screen reader support.

If users don't need either of those, save yourself and your users time and effort by suggesting they go straight to v1.7.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They can only stay of 1.72 for a limited amount of time before the installation process tries to kick them to 2.0x unless there is something I am missing with the installation that can change that option.

If so how can you keep it from forcing update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is odd; someone else was asking the same about 1.7.2 trying to update just a few days ago. ( http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1316400?tstart=0 )

I don't have that problem.

It is quite possible to have 1.7.2 and 2.0 (2.0.1) installed and even running at the same time; registered to the same ID.

I keep 2.0.1 around mainly so I can answer queries on this forum; I never run it in anger.

(though I am usually angry when I try to run it; definitely 'terrible software of the year' award)

For myself I only use 1.7.2, as one of the (many) bugs with 2.0.1 is that it doesn't work with the Sony eReader/Overdrive combination:

my main use is for library books and my wife and I both have a Sony eReaders.

Maybe (just guessing here) having 2.0.1 installed is the reason that my 1.7.2 urns happily and doesn't ask to update.

The whole thing is a complete mess:

eBooks is an application area where it is really important to work smoothly even for very novice users;

but Adobe have created a monster that is very difficult for experienced people to tame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Has no solution been found for this yet? We use digital edition to test our ebooks and we have to use vesion 2.0 tocheck compatibilty. I need urgent help in getting the scrolling to work in version 2

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now the scrolling issue that I have dealt with seems to be on Version 2.0.1 / Windows 7 - I will be doing some testing with it today and tomorrow to try to see what I can do to fix it or get it functioning.  Right now I have had to have the customer drop back to 1.7.x and it is requesting she update to 2.0.x.  Even when we started baseline 1.7.x and then upgraded it was still broken.  Originally she just received a brand new laptop that had Windows 7 on it and the installation was fresh 2.0.x - and it was broken right off the start.

I'll try to update with what I find regarding the scrolling issue when I test the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, hope you get a fix. Just to confirm, this user I am supporting also has Windows 7. I have re-installed the entire PC yesterday hoping that would resolve the issue, but as you can see no luck.

I did have 1.7 on the user's PC before the re-install, which worked perfect, but unfortunately, because the company I work for distributes e-books them self's, they need to test them in version 2, so the downgrading option is out of the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines