Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording text selection in Training simulation mode

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2007 Jul 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:light;

I'm teaching my students to use Excel, and I'm recording a training simulation where they need to carry out the different tasks on the computer. However, I can't get captivate 2.0 to allow the students to select a range of cells (to name a range, or to identify cells to use in a lookup formula for example). Captivate records this process as a video. Is there any way round the issue. I'd like the students to be able to select the cells themselves and then move on. At least they can do their own typing now - big improvement over Captivate 1.

Help will be appreciated.:frown;:confused;
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi annesackvilleway

Unfortunately Captivate doesn't yet allow this to be done. It's something that you would probably need a Flash developer to create. I do believe I've seen a drag and drop created by fellow Adobe Community Expert Paul Dewhurst. Click here to see an example

If you have a Flash developer or know one, I'd begin buttering them up. If not, perhaps contact Paul (I believe he has contact info on his site) and you might contract with him to develop something for you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Rick

Thanks for your response. I guess you just can't have everything in this life. I liked the link and the demo was good. I'll go to work on it.
:wine;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources