Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded today and... I couldn't use AE CC anymore.... Plz help

Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 오후 1.55.26.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Install the After Effects CC (12.0.1) update to use After Effects CC on Mac OSX v10.9 (Mavericks).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the After Effects CC (12.0.1) update to use After Effects CC on Mac OSX v10.9 (Mavericks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an error message that says "This patch is not applicable for you. Please check for updates from the Help menu in your product to see a list of latest updates available."

I HAVE installed Mavericks. Not sure what's going on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed 12.0.1 and have the latest CUDA driver. AE is using CPU mode for Warp Stabilization. I think this may be related to being in trial mode on AE right now. I could pull the trigger on a purchase now, but was hoping to use the entire trial period. The blog post announcing the patch says to open an activated CC app and authorize which I have done and verified that all of my CC apps are logged into my CC account. It is beyond me why a patch would be tied to paid product only, but how do I get around this. I have a project to deliver and the warp stabilizer is agonizingly slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The After Effects CC (12.0.1) update will not work in free trial mode. This update is only for After Effects CC (12.0) activated through a paid Creative Cloud subscription.

The After Effects CC (12.1) update, which is coming soon, will not have this limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about releasing 12.1 tomorrow ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll be releasing After Effects CC (12.1) very soon:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

We only needed to release After Effects CC (12.0.1) to rapidly respond to Apple's release of Mavericks, and we weren't quite ready with the whole 12.1 update. Very close, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being facetious. You mean you can't pull in a major software release for just one guy? Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a free membership .  when can I use after effects CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a paid account and I'm getting the same error message as Brett.  I have student pricing on my subscription, but that shouldn't matter, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re not using a trial version, but you’re seeing the message that the update is not applicable, try this to force the application to be recognized as activated:

Signing out of and back into Creative Cloud can refresh the activation state. Also, launching the After Effects render engine (not the full After Effects application) can refresh the activation; the render engine doesn’t have the crashing problem that the full unpatched application does. In some cases, uninstalling and then re-installing After Effects may be necessary. Be sure to restart your computer after an uninstallation or re-installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yippee!!  Launching the render Engine worked!  You Rock, Todd!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I install AE for the first time already having Mavericks on my Mac, will I automatically get 12.0.1 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> If I install AE for the first time already having Mavericks on my Mac, will I automatically get 12.0.1 version?

No.

The After Effects CC (12.0.1) update for Mac OS X v10.9 must be manually downloaded and installed.

Details are here:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_1201_Mavericks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error message

AEfix error.png

It's in Finnish but the translation is somewhat "Updates cannot be installed! This bugfix file doesn't match your product. Check the newest available updates on Help section... bla bla blaa"

I have registered and seems like there's problems logging in by using the "desktop launcher"..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the solutions recommended in post #9 above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd for repeating yourself

Opening the Render Engine helped. Thumbs up man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd, 3 days no work can be done, above patch still crashing, no plugins installed, reinstalled Afeter Effects CC then maual update to 12.0.1 Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2013 Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried everything and the only way to fixing it was uninstalling and reinstalling AE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines