• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 8.1 & IE Ver. 11 - Adobe Flash Player not installed?????

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 - It seems that Windows 8.1 installs IE VER 11 which doesn't have the Flash player installed and currently, their is no way to download and install flash player for IE 11.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since IE 10, Microsoft has embedded the Flash Player for Windows 8. If they left it out, now would be a great time to finally free yourself from the pitiful excuse for a browser that Internet Exploder is.
Firefox uses a Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers) that ISN'T restricted by 20-year-old ActiveX technology, it's faster than IE, and infinitely more customizable, with plugins to block ads and popups (that DON'T work with IE).

As to 8.1 and IE11, I was conned (or rather my daughter was) into installing the 8.1 preview this summer, and it renedered EVERYTHING on my laptop (including my AVG antivirus) "incompatible". I had to uninstall it, and reload WIn 8. I won't be putting 8.1 back on till 2015 at the very least. Maybe (just maybe) those jackwagons in Redmond will have it "ready for public consumption" by then, but I'm not holding my breath. Same goes for IE 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue trying to find a recent activex debug player for Win8.1, but no luck. Here's a link to my post, should something helpful turn up there.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5772321#5772321

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that add-on is enabled, and that ActiveX Filtering is disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent hours on this one and I fixed it by uninstalling KB3001237 and then reinstalling it standalone from step 3 in Flash Player Issues | Windows 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines