Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Server

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everybody,

I am currently evaluating the RoboHelp Server 6 and i am having issues for not able to setup the project correctly.

Here is the configuration i have

Windows XP Professional with Sp2
IIS ver 5.1
RoboHelp Server 6
RoboHelp6

Steps i have followed:

Installed IIS
Installed RoboHelp6
Installed RoboHelp Server6
Added users to Publishing and Report default groups
created a virtual directory with the help content
chosen the Home Directory of the default website to point to the help content folder

Problem is

After i configured the RoboHelp Server, i.e., selecting the default website and database (default mdb), I was not able to see the Project under the Project order area.

Am i doing anything wrong here? Please advice

Thats only one issue

I would like to resolve these issues one at a time. So i would eagerly wait for your great support. Please do share your experiences and expertise in this matter. Many Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly question, I know...but have you actually published your output to the server?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 31, 2007 Mar 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lotus0077 and welcome to the forums.
Following up on the good question from MergeThis, I was also wondering if you followed VERY carefully, the set of permissions listed on this page?
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=kb400352

Also, I have noticed that sometimes the project does not appear in the Project Pane of the Configuration Manager until you hit "Refresh".
Hope this helps.
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your response. I am just 5 days old to Robohelp or any help tool. So please dont mind if my questions are silly. I have actually hosted the help files on the webserver by generating (on to hard drive) and publishing (from hard drive location to the website home directory) using Robohelp6. Is this different from Publishing? Or any other steps to follow? I have also refreshed the configuration manager several times. Please advice. I will now try the steps you have provided. Once again many thanks.

Regards
Lotus0077

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I have unistalled the RoboHelp Server and followed the process you have specified in the link ( http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=kb400352). Unfortunately i am still facing the issue. I have tried to attach the screen shots of various important screens from RoboHelp, RoboHelp Server and IIS. But i was unable to do so through this forum. Please help me out. Thanks

Regards,
Lotus0077

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Lotus0077
You're welcome to attach screen shots in an email and send it to me by clicking on my username shown in the Posted By column to the left. I'll see if I can help.
Thanx, John
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leon,

Thanks for your response. I have actually generated and published the help. But not sure whether i did it in the right way or not. I will now follow the steps provided by john.

Regards,
Lotus0077

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp