• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash v11.9.900.117 - MSI installs "wrong" version!

Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the latest version of Flash Player 11.9.900.117 from Adobe Flash Player Distribution page. However, when you install the .MSI installer, the resulting version listed in the Windows installed programs is v11.8.800.168 for Plugin-based browsers and v11.8.200.175 for Internet Explorer. I doubt Adobe are aware that they have a problem on their download site with the offline .MSI Flash Player install file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

The MSI installers on the distribution page are version 11.9.900.117.

What is the date on the digital signature of the installer files?  They should be September 27, same as the EXE installers.

If your MSI have a different date, then most likely you downloaded an old cached copy from somewhere on your corporate servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MSI installers on the distribution page are version 11.9.900.117.

What is the date on the digital signature of the installer files?  They should be September 27, same as the EXE installers.

If your MSI have a different date, then most likely you downloaded an old cached copy from somewhere on your corporate servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MSI installsers have both different dates. I have, August 31 for plugin and September 16 for active_x. The EXE installers have the correct date, September 27. I need the MSI installers for distribution.

I am downloading from Adobe Flash Distribution page: http://www.adobe.com/..../distribution3.html. This is the page they sent to me and I have always downloaded from the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are right! I was able to download the right version on the same page from my private internet connection. I think we will have to check on our corporate proxy server. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines