• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture border, mouse movements and screen area showing incorrectly

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2010 Apr 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate4 on Win7 Pro 32bit to record a web demonstration on IE8. Setting the capture area only records a portion of the selected area, and portions outside (and including) the red boundary line. Mouse movements and clicks are also off. I've disabled hardware acceleration and tried a few different screen resolutions.

This occurs in every recording mode and in every capture arrangement - application, predefined, or custom size. Full screen recording captures the correct area, but the slides are very large and cursor actions are still off. The border disappears when Hide is checked, but the area captured is still completely different from the area selected.

I've included screenshots of both the capture area selected and the actual area recorded.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it - thanks in advance!

Area selected for recording:

capturearea.jpg

Area captured during recording - cursor out of place, overlap on the left, missing area on right and bottom:

recordedarea.jpg

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.  Captivate is not recording the area selected as shewn in the post above.  I am using Captivate 7 with Windows 8.1.

Please can someone help with this problam?

Dee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2013 Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having the same problem. No matter what settings I use, including full screen, only a portion of my 13" laptop screen is captured.  i just noticed that my native resolution is 1920x1080. I'm going to try resetting to 1280x720 and recording. I'm guessing that the native resolution is too high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2013 Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change your computer screen resolution to match what you set in Captivate, and you will capture everything.

I had to change mine from 1920x1080 (on a 13" laptop) to 1280x720 which is the maximum in Captivate. As soon as I did that, the entire screen was captured as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case it was not the resolution but the screen icons had been set to medium size.  This was pushing everything across and causing the offset in Captivate.  The minute I reset the icon size to default my video was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources