• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS X Mavericks compatibility update for AE CC

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can we expect a Mavericks compatibility update for AE CC and the CC suite of apps?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

We have just released a fix for the After Effects CC (12.0) crash on Mac OS X v10.9 (Mavericks):

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_1201_Mavericks

IMPORTANT: The After Effects CC (12.0.1) update fixes a crash on Mac OS X (v10.9). There is no need to install this update on any other operating system. After Effects CC (12.1) is coming soon for all operating systems and includes this same fix plus many more features and bug fixes.

Be sure that you are signed in and have activated the software—i.e., ensure that you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the time the operating system is released

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you / will you be releasing an offline update package? *for those (like me) who have an issue updating thru the CC panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We always provide manual downloads for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find the offline download update package for Photoshop 14.1.2 then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to After Effects updates. You'd need to ask the Photoshop team about their updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point taken, althouth I suppose all your updates share one page, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

See this page for links to manual downloads for our most recent update for examples:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/10/after-effects-cs6-11-0-3-bug-fix-update-mac-os-x-v10-9-m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have just released a fix for the After Effects CC (12.0) crash on Mac OS X v10.9 (Mavericks):

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_1201_Mavericks

IMPORTANT: The After Effects CC (12.0.1) update fixes a crash on Mac OS X (v10.9). There is no need to install this update on any other operating system. After Effects CC (12.1) is coming soon for all operating systems and includes this same fix plus many more features and bug fixes.

Be sure that you are signed in and have activated the software—i.e., ensure that you are not running After Effects in free trial mode. The update will not work if you are running the application in trial mode.

This update is only available as a manual download (not through the Creative Cloud automatic update mechanism) to prevent users on versions of Mac OS X other than v10.9 (Mavericks) from installing it unnecessarily.

Adobe After Effects CS6 (11.0.3) was released a little while ago with this fix, plus fixes for many other crashes and bugs. Details: http://adobe.ly/AE_CS6_1103

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me. This is what I get:

Screenshot 2013-10-23 13.37.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the free trial version? The update will not work if you are running the application in trial mode.

If you are using a paid subscription and getting this message, then sign out of Creative Cloud and then sign back in. Then try again.

Also, try restarting the computer.

If these steps fail, then uninstall After Effects, reinstall, and then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both. In trial mode and signed in with subscription. This problem is since Mountain Lion on my computer. Just did a clean OS install with Mavericks and still them same. Any other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> This problem is since Mountain Lion on my computer.

Huh? I thought that we were just talking about the After Effects CC (12.0.1) update for Mavericks failing for you. What does Mountain Lion have to do with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about updates. Neither 14.1.2 is working for Photoshop and neither 12.0.1 for AE on Mavericks. The update packages are not working no matter what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that I had to run 'Adobe After Effects Render Engine' first, which asked me to agree to a license. I re-ran the patch and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting what worked for you, Tim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim, this worked for me. Thank you for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,
I had the same 'update failed' thing as Romanesco. I tried signing in / out, opening the Render Engine and accepting the license agreement, without success.

Now, after restarting and repeating all of the above, when I launch the patch I get this:Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 12.44.04 pm.png

After Effects still won't open! Please help. Right now I'm considering reinstalling Mountain Lion until 12.1, if that's at all possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same thing as Tess. Please help Adobe.

Just bought a new MacBook Pro w/ 10.9 installed tonight and signed in with Creative Cloud. So far I got Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Acrobat installed and working.

The first time I tried to open AE it said "You can't use this version of the application "Adobe After Effects CC" with this version of OS X. You have "Adobe After Effects CC" 12.0."

EDIT: I just restarted the computer and 4 app updates. Let's see if this does it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to go through the steps that I've recommended in previous posts of mine on this thread. If you're having trouble, be sure to state exactly which of the suggested solutions you've tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling through Applications>Utilities>Adobe Installers and then choosing After Effects. Restart and then install again and same error message.

Then I tried the Cleaner Tool suggested by Tess and still I get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it working all! thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you solve this problem then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the Cleaner Tool like Tess suggested and then I tried to open AE again as per my message above on 10/23 8:49 PM.

I was going crazy installing and re-installing so much that after I ran the Cleaner Tool I forgot to install 12.0.1.

when I did that, I got it working! I'm coming from a 2011 iMac 2ith CS5.... brand new MacBook Pro with CC is flying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey sciu,

It took me about 4 frickin' hours to get AE running again!

Try uninstalling After Effects CC (applications>utilities>Adobe Installers) and restart your computer.

Now reinstall After Effects CC through the Creative Cloud desktop manager.

If it still says your AE CC is up to date / installed, download the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and run it.

In the top right corner of the main box is a little drop down. Select 'all' and you should have a list of all your adobe programmes pop up. Select AE CC and hit 'clean selected'. Now restart your computer again, and hopefully after that AE CC will appear as uninstalled in your Creative Cloud desktop manager.

Once AE CC is reinstalled, try re-running the patch!

Good luck 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines