• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

any way to go back to robohelp 5!!

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used robohelp 6 trial version on my robohelpX5 files now they dont work in robohelp 5!! Got a messages saying project created with a newer version. Is there anyway to make robohelp access these files again?? Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to the forum.

Bit late now but a basic rule with any software is to take a backup before opening a file with the new software.

There is a solution which if you are lucky will give you your project back intact, at worst you will retrieve it with a bit of work to do.

Take a copy of the project as it is now.

With the copy delete the CPD and XPJ files. Then right click the HHP file and use Open With | RH HTML. If you have not removed the trial version, there will be two versions showing, use the one with the orange icon.

See the topic on my site about opening projects for details of what you might have lost.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp