Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Crashing At The Splash Screen - OSX Mavericks

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having difficulty using Premiere Pro CC as it won't allow me to get past the splash screen. I've just updated to OSX Mavericks and apparently Premiere is compatible with Mavericks. However it appears to be crashing at every instance that I load it up, it flashes the splash screen and it crashes, giving me an error report.

I am a new member to these forums, so I apologise if I am asking in the wrong area.

I have the crash report here from Apple.

Message was edited by: Kevin Monahan. Crash log in attached doc. Please don't copy/paste crash logs in forum posts, attach them as separate documents. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Ok despite almost daily updates from CC having no luck i seem to have SOLVED my crash on startup issue for now

For me at least the fix is to change the system region to ‘United States Computer’ And Pref Language to ‘English'

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 11.36.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1. Exactly the same exception code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I don't understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was just to say I'm having precisely the same issue as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a retina 13" Macbook Pro and Premiere runs as sweet as a nut. This crash report is from my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a 15" Retina MBP. I've yet to try a reinstall, that's my next action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give it a try and let me know if you have any luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Running 2009 imac i7. Tried reinstalling but no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mid 2010 27" iMac i5.
Isn't there a way we can bump this so someone from Adobe can see it? I have client projects that I need to edit and I am unable to do so because the software won't load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>so someone from Adobe can see it

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform is where you officially tell Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to see if a manual install of the patch would clear anything up instead of using the CC application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - 2013 MacBook Air 11"  10% of the time it will actually launch, but then crashes shortly after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SWDoctor,

Thanks for choosing Adobe forums

Please try to uninstall and reinstall Premiere Pro CC.

and then try to launch.

Thanks

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandeep Singh wrote:

Please try to uninstall and reinstall Premiere Pro CC.

and then try to launch.

And IF that works, I'd recommend folks on Macs do a complete re-install with Mavericks.  That means formatting your HD and reinstalling from scratch.  Apple's OS upgrades are fairly bullet-proof, but they're not 100% so.  Something will always jump up and bite you in the backside when you least expect it.

Going between dot-revisions (10.X.2 to 10.X.3) isn't a problem.  Those are easy patches.  But going whole versions (10.8 to 10.9) is where you'll want to format and re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't worked for both scenarios. I have reinstalled OSX Mavericks as well as Premiere but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWDoctor wrote:

It hasn't worked for both scenarios. I have reinstalled OSX Mavericks as well as Premiere but to no avail.

A complete format and re-install?  In other words: nuking everything on your drive?  You're familiar with how to do that with Disk Utility during the installation process, right?  And you created a bootable USB thumb drive to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Full wipe and it still has issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I have both a Mac Pro 5,1 and a first-gen Retina Macbook Pro.  Both were nuked from orbit and had Mavericks installed using a thumb drive.  Both run Premiere Pro CC without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a complete reinstall of the software. No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on Mavericks. 13A598. Developer. GM 1

However CC Client just pushed a 7.01 update and it is still failing. i.e. crashing on startup (splash graphic only). I have a second machine with a fresh GM2 install of Mavericks that I am waiting to try. Will post result as soon as that is up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesnt work on Mavericks 13A603 Upgraded. Adobe Premiere Pro CC [2489]
Unfortunately cant do a fresh install of CC Mavericks on this machine at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue 7.01 still crashes on the splash screen. imac i7 2009.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reports, all, and sorry to hear that you're having this problem. The crash report that SWDoctor posted points to a problem identifying something about the system language settings. Two things from all of you would really help us nail this down, both to come up with a fix and to recommend a workaround until that fix is released.

1. Post the log file "Premiere Pro Log.txt."
    PPRO does not write this log by default. To prime the pump, go to ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Premiere Pro/7.0/logs and create a file by the name of "Premiere Pro Log.txt". It doesn't matter what, if anything is in that initial file because PPRO will write a new one on launch. So just launch the app, and then please post the new log file.
  2. Post screenshots of the main Language&Region dialog from System Preferences. Also click "Advanced" and grab a screenshot of the General tab.

Several of our QEs spent hours yesterday attempting to reproduce this issue to no avail. So we suspect that there's something different about the language settings on the systems where Premiere is crashing.

Thanks for your assistance in helping us nail this down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC crashing on launch with Mavericks. On a 2009 8 core Mac Pro.  CS6 seems to be ok.  Here is the crash long.   I'll try an uninstall and reinstall of CC and let you know later how it goes.

Message was edited by: Kevin Monahan. Please don't copy/paste crash logs to forum posts. Attach them as separate docs. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines