• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboPDF Message When Installing Trial RH6

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a licensed X5 user trying to install the trail version of RH6. I am getting a message that says "Setup has detected that RoboPDF is installed on your system. Setup cannot proceed without uninstalling it. Do you want to uninstall RoboPDF?" Now I don't user RoboPDF much, but I don't want to uninstall it, either. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why it has been configured that way but the simple fact is you don't have an option.

I haven't tested but I see no reason why you cannot reinstall RoboPDF after uninstalling RH6 if you decide not to upgrade.

Also untested but you should be able to install RH6 with Acrobat Elements, then use RH5 to create a Word document and PDF it from there. Given your light use, that should be a reasonable compromise.

If you open any of your existing project in RH6, make sure you have backups first. You cannot open a project in RH6 and then X5 using the XPJ file. Projects can be retrieved by other means but you risk losing some functionality.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late thought. Did you have Acrobat Elements selected when you tried to install? Do you get the same message if you deselect that? Sorry but not able to check right now.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,
I was afraid you were going to tell me that. Ah well, it was worth a try. Your guess at my light use is correct (are you psychic or is it that obvious?), so even if RoboPDF bites the dust the world won't come to an end. And thank you for the reminder about the X5 file backups. I have already accomplished that part, but such reminders cannot come too often. Thanks for the prompt reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clue was you saying you don't use RoboPDF much! 🙂

Let us know if the second reply made any difference to the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2007 Apr 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I did not have Acrobat Elements selected to install. I get the message anyway. Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2007 Apr 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you get the message with that option cleared, then the third paragraph of my first post here is the only way forward that I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp