• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Datepicker - how to add change year function

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using datepicker in a <cfinput> but you can only go forward or backward by one month at a time.  Is there a way to add functionality so that you can change the year?

Thanks!

BCo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Client-side functionality is, IMO, an area of "expertise" that CF needs to get away from and leave to better solutions out there.  If I were you, I'd look into using jQuery in tandem with its datepicker object.  It is a lot more programmable than the restrictive tech employed by CF as a crutch.

Don't get me wrong; I love CF, but CF needs to stop trying to be what it isn't.  Client-side belongs to Javascript frameworks like jQuery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.  Guess it's time to learn some jquery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For a head's up, you'll need the jQuery UI Datepicker: http://jqueryui.com/datepicker/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation