• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFCHART bug in CHF 2

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have found a bug in the CFCHART fix for Cumulative HotFix 2 ( http://www.adobe.com/go/kb400996)

I have the following CFCHART call which works w/o the patch installed:

<cfset colors ="ff0000,00ff00,0000ff,ffff00,ff00ff,00ffff,ffcc00,ff00cc,f0ccf0,ccff00,cc00ff">
<cfchart showlegend="no" format="flash" tipstyle="mouseover" rotated="yes" show3d="yes" backgroundcolor="ffffff">
<cfchartseries type="pie" query="qryGetResults" valuecolumn="numresp" itemcolumn="answerds" colorlist="#colors#">
</cfchart>

However when I run the page with the hotfix installed it fails with a Null Pointer Exception and indicates the the cfchartseries call is the line in question. It does this whether I specify the colorlist attribute or not. The query is not failing in either case, so I am pretty sure that the changes to CFCHART in the hotfix are causing the issue.

I am not sure how to submit a formal bug to Adobe, but figured at least this is a good start.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
Issue # 67929 has been logged against this behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2007 Apr 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All, I have downloaded the latest update to CHF702002, and still receiving a null pointer exception.
Exact Error: coldfusion.graph.Graph.getWebChartsContentXml(Grapgh.java:1258)

These charts worked prior to CHF702002... any insights??

V/r,
Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone help me back out of Hotfix 2 I experienced the same and lost a whole weekend to Hotfix 2 Please could you have a look at my post in the Flash Integration and Rich Form's fora

Thanks

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stop the service then go into C:\CFusionMX7\lib\updates and delete the CHF7020002.jar file. Then restart the CF service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only it was that easy seancoyne

back without Hotfix 2 my newly reinstalled CFMX 7.02 doesn't support any of my previously working flash forms in any browser other than Firefox

:-((

The smiley above doesn't quite express how I feel at the moment

Even abobe's contact us page gives a 404 page not found error.

Still waiting for a call back from Tech Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2007 Apr 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know what web server you are on, but make sure that you have a Virtual Folder (IIS) or an Alias (Apache) pointed at the CFIDE folder, and make sure it is called CFIDE. If the page cannot access files at /CFIDE/scripts/... then the flash forms will not appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

back out of the hotfix. thats the point of this thread. the hotfix is breaking the charts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Not sure if this has been noted, however, this issue appears to only affect pie charts, as our scripts that render bar-charts are still working.

-Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation