• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE10 Close Button

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a webhelp section exported from RoboHelp 10 and the close button on the content/index pane does not work in IE10.  Anyone else exprienced this and is there a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the workaround described here - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5765240#5765240 ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see what you mean – I hadn’t noticed that. Better report it as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just changed the line to: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" >  Can you try that and see if it works for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no affect – still doesn’t appear for me.

BTW - I also noticed that the panel close “X” appears in Chrome, but has no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The close button is not supported on IE10. The fix Adobe provided for IE10 removes the button altogether. So I don't think it's an RH bug and it has been solved by the IE10 patch anyway.

As for Chrome: The latest Chrome version (30.something) gave a lot of pain for WebHelp. It also seems to break closing the navigation pane for local WebHelp. But it works when the help is placed on a server. This does seem to be a bug.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Willam – “LAN server” or “web server”? – might want to make that distinction – it’s not working when it’s on a LAN server or local drive for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precisely: A lan server or network disk is the same as a local webhelp: you are accessing the files through the file protocol.

Web server means that you have a webserver (wherever that may be located, even on your own pc) that severs the file through the HTTP protocol.

The difference between the two is that in the second situation you have a program running that allows you to view the help as you would a regular internet page.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One catch though.  In IE10 websites will behave differeitly depending on where the webserver is located.  If the webserver is on your local intranet it may display differently then if it is on the internet.  There is some debate on if this is a bug or the intended operation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IE has different security settings for intranet locations and web locations. Could these settings have anything to do with it?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp