• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange ColdFusion error

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ColdFusion version 7,0,2,142559 installed on a Windows 2003 server.
I have a page that occasionally works and occasionally returns '18' and that's all it says on the webpage. In the application log, the only additional information is the line number it thinks the error is on; it's the line that starts a Query of Query. This QoQ is a UNION of two queries that are both joins, but that shouldn't make any difference.
By trying various things, I have narrowed the problem down to a phase in the where clause of the second query. Although the error comes and goes, it seems to happen because of a line that says OR (D = 'D' and H = 'H') I have several other phrases in the same where clause that are just like this. But if I change the line to OR (D = 'D' and H = 'X') then it works. But that doesn't make any sense, and I can't find anything about an error 18. Since this error comes and goes, could this be a problem with memory, or CPU utilization, or services?
If someone can answer this, you are doing very good. How soon will CF version 8 come out?
Scott
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Google of coldfusion "error 18" produces a link to a page that contains the following:

*ERROR 18: File cannot be read
34 0 import ColdFusion.iff
35 0 deport ColdFusion.iff

Have no clue what this means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you run the problem-causing query against your database outside of ColdFusion (in MS SQL Query Analyzer, for instance)? Instead of placing your SQL statement inside of the <cfquery> tags, output it to the screen and then copy and paste into Query Analyzer (make sure it is the H='H' condition). Try that then let us know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jdeline,
I couldn't find very much on google. File cannot be read? but only some of the time?
Michael,
The query where it stops is a Query of Query, so it won't run directly against the database without a great deal of modification. The modified version did run, but how can we trust the results?
What we need is one of the ColdFusion developers to tell us what makes '18' come up.
Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2007 Apr 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seen wild things with QoQ when the column-datatypes were not defined, for ex. with queries created qith QueryNew().
The participating queries, where do they come from, DB or other? What CF-version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan,
I have ColdFusion version 7,0,2,142559.
The database is Oracle, and the columns have datatypes. If H = 'X' is okay, why wouldn't H = 'H' ? Could datatypes have anything to do with that? The two participating queries come from Oracle, and I can run them fine, everytime.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we see the query?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold on. Where are you getting the H or X from? Are these really hard coded in or are they actually variables?

So is it H='#H#' or really H='H' ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2007 Apr 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dingus,
It really is a literal: H = 'H'.

BKBK,
You are right, seeing the SQL queries might help, and I hope it doesn't confuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2007 Apr 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the query of queries orders by Short_Building_no, one would expect Short_Building_no to be in the select-list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2007 Apr 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In standard SQL ordering by a column that isn't selected isn't a problem. But this is a QoQ, so maybe the rules are different. But what is the difference then if I say H='X' (this works) or H='H' (this doesn't work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation