Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom AIR application installer

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have one question about air application installation process.

Is there any way to build a custom air application installer?

How it works now:

First I've made air project, and when I start installation process (over badge swf file on the web site), I've going through next steps:

- On the first step I can to open or save installation .air file.

- After I click on the "open" button, I've getting the info about publisher and application, and I have "install" and "cancel" buttons.

- After I click on the "install" button, I've getting more options, about desktop shortcut icon, installation location, and I have "contionue" and "cancel" buttons.

- After I click on the "continue" button, the installation process begins.

Is there any way to put some steps out from the air installation process. For example, to put out the third step?

The best for us would be, if is possible, to integrate all questions in only one Accept or Cancel, make the most simple for user to install. Do you have advice how to do it?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not using a web install badge. What I have done in some cases is a first-run configuration setup UI as part of the app itself.

You can create a custom native installer (not in AIR) for AIR apps using the captive runtime:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f709e16db131e43659b9-8000.html

-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines