Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I have to reistall flash player every time I reboot my computer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You DON'T... bottom line.

But... in order to help you we NEED to know what OS you're running and what browser you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response and aplogies for not including before - frustration probably took over.  I am using Windows 7 professional and my browser is IE 10.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the uninstaller by right clicking the following link and selecting "Save target as".

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right clicking the following link and selecting "Save target as".

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Save the files to your downloads folder - DO NOT run anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything else, run the uninstaller and then the installer from your downloads folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your support but it has not fixed the situation.  I did everything you suggested and all OK but as soon as I rebooted the computer again to test it no Flash Player.  After rebooting if I go to Control Panel then programs Flash Player shows up but the Adobe symbol is white with the words Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX.  When it is all installed correctly the adobe symbol is red.  Not sure why that is - the file size still says 6 MB when the logo is red or white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of that white logo in Control Panel?

Also, what files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash (after Flash Player disappears)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.png

Above is screenshot from Control Panel - the flash player item is second top.

Following is a screenshot of the files in the folder

screenshot 2.png

Thanks for you help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

healthfan: thank you for the screenshots.  You seem to have all that is required in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

Since I see that you are on a 64-bit system, can you also provide a shot of the C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash folder.

This is most unusual (the white icon in Programs & Features); I will alert someone from the Flash Player team to have a look at this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

below the screen shot of the C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash folder.

Thanks for picking this up so fast!!!

syswow64.PNG

Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will provide 2 screenshots of the syswow 64 folder one with flash player loaded and then one after I have rebooted.  Thanks for your support.

SYSWOW64 SHOT 1.png

syswow64 shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both FlashUtil32_11_9_900_117_ActiveX.dll and FlashUtil32_11_9_900_117_ActiveX.exe are missing after the restart!  Now I really have no explanation how this can happen...

I will have to think of a way how to monitor these two files, i.e. who/what is deleting these.

I also hope that someone from the Flash Player team will have a look at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - see what you mean.  Look forward to your reply or something from the Flash Player team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue as healthfan

With me maybe a bit different:

- OS Windows 7 64 bit

- IE 10

- FireFox

- Flash Player 11 installed - about 30 times....

- FP works if I start a swf file locally!!!

• But still everytime I want to use IE or FireFox on websites using Flash Iam prompted to install Flash Player. See below what it looks like:

Flash Player 11 installed but always wants to reinstall.PNG

• I performed what was asked in this thread:

Download the uninstaller by right clicking the following link and selecting "Save target as".

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right clicking the following link and selecting "Save target as".

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Save the files to your downloads folder - DO NOT run anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything else, run the uninstaller and then the installer from your downloads folder.

NOTHING HELPS!!!!!!!

Below what is in my files:

Flash Files.PNG

And shots of my Control Panel:

ControlPanel1.PNG

ControlPanel2.PNG

Now I pick this up here to see if someone can help - PLEASE HELP!!! - I am in desperate need of FP to continue my work in MM creations - This is serious business for me all my projects are at a halt!!!!

Thanks in advance for help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ssto3664: since your problem is completely different from the o/p, it would have been better to start your own topic.  Nevertheless, have you checked

Regarding Firefox, you don't have the plugin installed: Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Pat,

I had checked the thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448 and verified see capture:

IE add on settings.PNG

But I had not checked the Active X thread following it. Now that I did and unchecked ActiveX, it all seams to work out fine 🙂

I ahve also installed the All other browsers plugin, and also there it now works fine 🙂

THANKS a million in directing me to the different threads and providing the All other browser link!!!

Now i can resume my work 🙂

GREAT!!!!!!

Best regards Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines