• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation." Please help. Very Urgent.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I am trying to relink images and I am getting error "Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation.". Please help me solve this.

Things to consider,

• I recently did re-imaging on my laptop, however Adobe version is same as before CS6. Operating System also is same as before Windows 7.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Akshay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say reimaging, do you mean a restoration from a backup image that included working versions of Adobe programs, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reply. I will explain you senario. I took backup to my external hard drive and formatted my laptop with same version of Windows 7.

Then again I  copied my data back to my laptop and from there on unable to relink images of any files indesign.

Please help.

Regards

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe programs, and InDesign in particular, don't respond well to things like migration (on Mac) or OS upgrades. You should uninstall the program and reinstall from the original installation media (disk or download), then run any updates for the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and left with the same problem. Also, problem is with many files, and not just one.

Regards

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not entirely clear on what you did with the re-imaging. This might be an OS problem that will require a clean install of both OS and all programs (programs are not "data" files inthe same sense that your created documents would be). Before going that far I'd be incliined to uninstall ID again, run the cleaner tool (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3) then reinstall after booting to a minimal sytem configuration (one method is to use the "clean boot":How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista or you can do the same thing manually by running MSconfig and turning off selected startups and services; I've seen at least one report that the method in the Microsoft article deleted all restore points if that will be an issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While re-imaging the file, what extension you have saved the file .eps (illustrator) or .tiff/.psd (Photoshop). Does the current image file is with proper extension and opens in native application software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Indrajith,

Thanks for reply. I just explained my issue to Peter, will you be able to help please ?

Regards

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akshay,

Please check the extension of the file you are selecting while relinking. I suppose it is a format which is not supported for this action.

Regards,

Pooja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pooja,

Thansk for reply.

It's not that case. I design magazine in Indesign and before all these extensions (psd, jpeg, pdf) were working perfectly and after the re-imaging it's not working.

Regards

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem today and I fixed it by restarting all computers and hard drives in my network. After I did this, everything went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greylids,

Thanks for your reply.

I wish I had the same case as you. But even after restarting many times, problem still persists.

Regards

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick fix for this issue is to:

A) Include all images in i.e. Indesign CC

B) Export as an IDML file.

I have just tested this going from a Mac with CC to a PC laptop running CS5 and this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does it mean - Include all images?

the problem is we cannot include links due to this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just figured it out. The file you are dragging into indesign is not compatible. it could be you previously selected jpg or png etc. But if you try to drag a DNG file. It gives you that message. Use jpg or png files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines