• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I enable already installed adobe flash?

Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is equipped with adobe flash, but I am directed to download adobe when I try to play games; such as zynga poker. How can I enable the program?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Do you have a MAC or Windows ?

Which browser are you using ?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am experiencing this since I downloaded Windows 8.1 with Internet Explorer 11 (originally had W8).

I have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed per Adobe's website verifying it.

Since the W8.1 update I can no longer view many online videos and tv sites that I previously were able to with no problem.

I am discovering many people are discovering this problem after they download the W8.1 upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please confirm the exact version of Adobe Flash Player you have on Windows 8.1.

Does it happen (Prompt to download Adobe Flash Player) on all the websites or on a specific web site ?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it is ok I jumped onto this thread of the original poster.

I have confirmed that I have the latest Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.117

Computer is an approx. 9 month old corei7, quadcore, Intel with Norton....

My recent observations and actions in order of occurance:

1).  Some sites would play ok and other sites would not since: 8.1 update & Toshiba updates related to 8.1 installed.

Example: previously played videos but does not now in IE11:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/

Example still plays ok: http://www.ctv.ca/DrOz.aspx?vp=140274

2).  I removed Adobe Flash Player. Restarted computer. Tried IE11 and the sites that would play video before do not play now.

3).  Downloaded and installed FireFox. Restarted computer.

4).  Downloaded & installed Adobe Flash Player. Restarted computer.

5).  IE11 same results as 1).

6).  Firefox plays same sites as in 1). plus some sites that IE11 would not but not all.

-  at a specific site such as http://www.cbc.ca/player/    some videos play and other will not. Before 8.1 all played ok.

-  will play:  http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2414463492/

-  will not play:  http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2414212635/

7).   While typing this and flipping between 3 tabs in Firefox and with a video playing Firefox locked up. The mouse produced no results anywhere on the screen within the Firefox window (could not: minimze page, select a tab, right click...). I could still hear the video playing. After about 5 minutes I restarted the computer. And continue here.

8).  While watching, via Firefox, a tv video at approximately the 10 minute mark the video screen goes black in colour but the sound contiues.

I refreshed the site and all is ok now with this specific video.

IKan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Windows has an Important update out this past minute(s). So here's fingers crossed.

IKan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows update did nothing for the concern with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This question has still  not been answered?  I am now having the same problem - Adobe has been downloading updates but I cannot access any websites (I don't play games) without a pop up telling me I do not have Adobe installed.  I came here and checked and apparently I do not have it enabled, but when checking add-ons it shows as enabled!  What is the issue?  I have Toshiba Satellite Windows 7, IE 11.  Was it a windows update pushing to make this lap top W8 ready?   Was it Adobe because I did NOT want to make Chrome my default browser and refused enable the Google Toolbar?  This laptop screen has 7 inches of vertical screen space - I do NOT have room for toolbars other than the basics that come with Windows!  There has to be an answer!

Stephanie HC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines