• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfmap with CF9.01 and Google map v3

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information I've seen indicates there is a hotfix for CF9.01 which will allow the cfmap tag to work with Google maps v3.  We have installed the latest hot fixes.  

I obtain an error when trying to use the Google maps v3 API key with the cfmap tag indicating you are trying to use a non v2 key.  Google is discontinuing support of v2 on Nov 19.

Is there something else we need to do to be able to use cfmap with v3?  Do we need to upgrade to CF9.02?

Upgrading to CF10 prior to Nov 19 is not an option.

Does anyone have sample code to share?

Thanks for your help.

Pam Butenshen (AAOS)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supposedly it was fixed in this cumulative hotfix for 9.01

http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/cumulative-hotfix-4-coldfusion-901.html

Are you able to confirm if you have that installed?  I think if you view the system information in your CF Administrator:

/CFIDE/administrator/settings/version.cfm

the 'Update Level' should tell you the latest JAR file installed, and its location.  Compare that against the info in the installation instructions on that hotfix page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,  I'll discuss with the administrator.  It appears to me the cfide hotfix was not applied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I think that the most recent hotfix for 9.01, is I think hf901-00009.jar.  Reading
http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-security-hotfix-apsb13-10.html  it seems that the CF 10 version of that hotfix also included everything from previous fixes:

"The ColdFusion 10 Update 9 is a cumulative update. That is, it includes all the bug fixes from the previous updates of ColdFusion 10."

However the CF 9 one doesn't seem to.  So you should also need the chf9010004.jar cumulative hotfix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the latest 9.01 hotfix installe

Obtain error Google has disabled use of the Maps API for this application.  The provided key is not a valid google API key or is not authorized for the Google Maps JS API v2 on this site.

Also obtain error

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.5; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 19:26:56 UTC

Message: 'google.maps.ZoomControlStyle.SMALL' is null or not an object
Line: 110
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://testorthodoc.aaos.org/CFIDE/scripts/ajax/package/cfmap.js

Is there a way to be sure the cfmap.js file is looking at v3?  cfmap.js has a date of 2/28/2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting.  Adobe badly handled the whole issue with the deprecated V2 API being replaced with the V3 one, in my opinion.  So I'm not surprised if it's still not correct. 

If the cumulative hotfix for 9.01 doesn't update to the V3 API, then I'd say file that as a bug. 

And, I'd also strongly suggest ditching use of <cfmap> , and simply writing your own javascript.  The maps api is fairly simple to use, and the cfmap tag doesn't provide much real benefit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can’t get the login to work on Adobe forums.

Do you have any sample code for the JS? I’ve got the map to display but am unable to pass an address obtained from a query to the geocoder to display the roadmap option for a specific address

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation