• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Settings mismatch: Output file will be resized.....

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so i've been using After Effects for quite awhile, never have had any problems until now. Recently i've been creating videos again, rendering all of them the same exact way having no problems. Until the other day where i went to render one at H.264 and i got "Warning: Output file will be resized from 1920x1080 (1:00 PAR) to 320x1080 (6:00 PAR) to meet format constraints." now i have NO clue what this means or why it happened or how to fix it, non of my settings on AF were changed at all, it just did this out of no where.

can anyone help me out and guide me how to fix this issue?

thank you in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means what it says - you have to did into the MPEG-4/ H.264 encoder settings ont the Output Module's "Option" panel. Presumably you are simply using a wrong default preset or an odd comp size and the encoder can't make up its mind.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2013 Sep 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the help. Ive tried fixing it to the point where in able to render at the correct resolution again. But for some reason the video quality is horrible still. All the settings are set to best, its all at 1920x1080. Like im so lost on how to fix this. If i cant fix this theres really no point in trying to make videos any longer if its going to be in terrible quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, something must be screwed up somewhere in your settings, but until we can see what your settings are, it'd just be guessing.

I do know that rendering H.264 out of After Effects is not the best thing to do. You should render an intermediate (lossless) file out of AE and use the Adobe Media Encoder to make your H.264. That way you can use multi-pass encoding to get better-quality video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you can render the AE comp to H.264 from AME directly, without writing an intermediate file (both are valid workflows; your choice). If you have After Effects CC, use the File > Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue command. If you have a previous version of After Effects, either drag the comp over or open AME and click the Add button, then choose your AE project and comp.

My guess is that you had the Level and/or Profile set so low in the H.264 settings that resizing was necessary for that limitation. 320x1080 @ 6.0 PAR is an odd choice, though; I would have expected 1.0 PAR with appropriate pixel dimensions. If you could kindly file a bug with the details about your comp size & framerate and the H.264 settings that produced that result, I'll investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same Errors. With "Warning: Output file will be resized from 1920x1080 (1:00 PAR) to 320x1080 (6:00 PAR) to meet format constraints."

I figured out that the Video setting had slipped.

I found tweaking them worked. Current using these attached. Now the the error doesn't show up.

I have no idea if these are the right settings.

Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 21.53.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem but don't have "main concept h.264" as an option to select under format options.  I have H.264, but I don't have a "level" to select under my H.264 options.

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 1.35.02 PM.png

anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are doing it wrong. don't use H.264 under Quicktime in Ae. instead use H.264 in Adobe Media Encoder. read this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/basics-rendering-exporting.html#ae_adobe_media_encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really?  the best solution is just no longer use this feature from AE?   That seems like a good work around, but not a solution.  I am currently using this AME work around, I just wish the feature that was there in CS6 was still there.

btw, this does work from AE on a PC, just not on a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using AME for your H.264 export is not a workaround, but the only way to get a decent compressed export as of CC2014. using H.264 as a format option under Quicktime on a PC may seem like it's "working" but the result is poor quality and 10x file size. this is in fact the "workaround" to export H.264 right in Ae but a very bad one. you should definitely not use this workaround if you have any care for professional standards of quality in your H.264 exports.

more about why this change came to be:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/06/adobe-media-encoder-h-264-mpeg-2-wmv-after-effects.html

here's a comparison on using H.264 using AME vs H.264 on Quicktime format options:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUpaoVkMZZc&t=0s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did just recently finally upgrade from CS6, so it is new to me that this feature was removed.

As to having "professional standards", Ill try it ignore how that phrasing sounds and just appreciate that you validated the current solution we had found and provided additional links to back them up.

thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are welcome, I understand this is an inconvenience but the H.264 under Quicktime format options in Ae is buggy, hasn't been developed or fixed in ages, it has missing features (like the levels you wanted in the first place) and will produce poor results in quality and size which are significant. this is the why it's unprofessional to work this way - no need to take offence by it, just technical facts. using AME as a proper workflow is repeated in this thread over and over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a.jpeg

I was facing an almost similar issue.
After rendering sound was not in proper sync. & I have made FPS of composition and GOT SUCCESS !!

1.  Just note "25 to 23.976 fps"

2.  Go to Composition menu > Composition Settings > Change 25 to 23.976 > Click OK

3.  Again Rander the Composition with same settings with QuickTime.

4. Success

This solution works for me. It might possible that you might need some other fix.
If it works for you as well then Give me CHEERS !!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not an expert in video formats, standards and compression you should not be customizing output module or Adobe Media Encoder settings. 99% of the time you'll just foul things up. Your comp settings should not say "Custom" either unless you really know what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah...
Thank you, Rick Gerard,Rick Gerard

My answer is not recommended for larger compositions. but still, I think it might help to people who create a small comp. sometimes like me.

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines