• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flasher Player Manage Add-on buttons greyed out

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've upgraded to Windows 8.1 (64-bit version) and cannot get Flash Player to work.  It shows up in Manage Add-ons but the buttons to enable or disable are greyed out and won't allow me to enable the Flash player.  The uninstaller program doesn't work so I can't reinstall Flash Player.  Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Windows 8, Flash Player for IE has been embedded and maintained by Microsoft.

8.1 is no different. You cannot update it or install it for IE here.

Try repairing IE: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

many thanks for your reply.

I am not technical at all.

for some reason my password is not recognised and I have reset it.

ash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moonbeam,

The password required is NOT your Adobe password, but your Windows password. No one here knows it or can reset it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you mean my apple password?

if so, I have tried that but to no avail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

That'll help with EVERYTHING but the OS password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is I've tried resetting IE per Microsoft instructions and it did not change anything.  If you go to Microsft website they only support downloading and reloading up to IE10 whereas Windows 8.1 installs IE11 so I have no tools for repairing IE (even their Fix-it tool in kb318378 doesn't run under Windows 8.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ealaukys,

Unfortunately, since Microsoft took over the implemetation and maintenence of it, it's THEIR baby. Adobe writes the base code, they modify it and it ALL belongs to them after that. There are settings that can be adjusted, (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html) but if their browser or their proprietary plugin aren't wotking, we can't touch it here.

My teenage daughter was conned into installing the 8.1 "preview" this Summer, and it totally destroyed $4500 worth of software by rendering it "incompatible". I was forced to reformat and reinstall everything I had. For that reason alone I will avoid 8.1 and IE 11 until about 2016. Microsoft ought to have them halfway working by then. Of course, they'll probably be screwing up WIndows 9 by that time too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm starting to understand that  8.1 is a seriously flawwed update, unfortunately i don't relish the task of reinstalling everything again just to fix this problem - I will have to switch to Chrome instead of IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines