• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

While trying to view tutorials, I get a black box where tutorial should play.

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing more. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm Windows 7, had Quicktime which I uninstalled because it had probs. Associated the video with Windows media player. Have Flash up to date. Don't know what else to do but I would really like to use the tutorials. So far, Adobe offers nothing except self help customer service.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a link to such a tutorial?  If it's a video, then your question may relate to Flash Player, rather than Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked flash player, windows media player, quicktime. I don't know what it is. But all I get when I try to watch a video on Adobe TV, is a black box where video should play. I just reinstalled flash player in case, but I'm at a loss. Thanks, Jann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe TV uses Flash Player.

A black box may indicate an outdated graphics driver; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

If you need more help, tell us what browser you use.

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Firefox, up to date, checked graphics driver, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. It's up to date.

Thanks for your input, I know it must be something simple, but I haven't found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried IE to view. I don't use it because it is so slow and klunky and I like Firefox. BUT- I could see the videos on IE. BUT - there was no closed captioning (I am deaf).

I have no clue why they play on IE and not Firefox. I have no idea why there is no closed captioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have both ActiveX (for Internet Explorer) and plugin (for Firefox) installed?

Check in Control Panel | Programs and Features, or the Flash Player Setting Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Active X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActiveX is only required for Internet Explorer, so I do not quite understand why your were able to see Adobe TV videos.

Back to Firefox: in Tools | Add-ons | Plugins: is Shockwave Flash enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apologies, you are right, I have active X filtering in Explorer. I never use IE so hadn't noticed until you said. Shockwave Flash is enabled in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No what I meant is you must have the Flash Player ActiveX installed, as opposed to the Flash Player Plugin.

But regarding Firefox, I'm sorry I have no other idea why you get a black box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My experience is it is usually something embarrassingly simple, but I have never been able to play videos on Adobe TV or any of their instructionals.

Thanks for your help, we gave it a shot! JL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines