• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the location of the coldfusion-out.log and coldfusion-error.log files in CF10

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I change the log location in ColdFusion Administrator it changes the location of most but not all the log files.  I have a requirement from my customer to place all log files on a separate partition on the server.  For ColdFusion 9 I was able to modify the registry settings to change StandardOut and StandardErr for the ColdFusion Jrun service.  This does not appear to the case for ColdFusion 10 which now uses Tomcat 7.

I tried modifying log4j.properties file and was able to relocate the hibernatesql.log, axis2.log, and esapiconfig.log but not the coldfusion-out.log.

I am running ColdFusion 10 Enterprise Edition on a 64-bit Windows 2008 Server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location of the rest of the ColdFusion logs can be changed in the ColdFusion Administrator.  Go to the Debugging and Logging section, Logging Settings.  There is a form at the top of the page where you can change the log storage location.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already modified this setting, restarted the coldfusion services, and this worked for most of the log files but not coldfusion-out.log and coldfusion-error.log.  Are you seeing different results when you make this change in the ColdFusion Administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I missed the first sentence in your OP somehow.  I'm not aware of a way to change the location of those two logs.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation